Re: [podcasters] New Social network for music podcasters and bands

  • MissPeter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
      Did you put the wrong link? That site doesn't look anything like a social
      network.

      --

      http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

      http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people

    • PhiLL Ramey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
        True dat.

        On 1/2/07, MissPeter <peter@...> wrote:

        > Did you put the wrong link? That site doesn't look anything like a
        > social
        > network.
        >
        > On 1/2/07, evanmusic2007 <evan02135@... <evan02135%40verizon.net>>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > There is a new social network for music podcasters and bands along with
        > > their fans located at http://www.musicpodcast.net It is free to join
        > > and have a profile which can include audio,video,rss feeds and many
        > > additional features-all free!
        > >

        > --
        >
        > http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people
        >
        > http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people

        The PhiLL(er)'s Online Music Program
        http://www.thephiller.com

        The Pitchfork Report
        http://www.pitchforkreport.com

      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
          On 1/2/07, MissPeter <peter@...> wrote:

          > Did you put the wrong link? That site doesn't look anything like a social
          > network.

          It's the web 0.1 design. You have to click on the link on the right hand
          side that says 'more'.

          It takes you to another section where you can rate songs and blogs, and
          such. It is extremely new, so content is sparse. It is a youtube clone, so
          much that if you choose a song, the interface looks very similar to it. The
          big difference is that the sound quality is actually better than youtube.

          So I give it:

          A 2 for originality
          A 4 for style
          A 7 for lipsync
          And a -5 for home page
          ;>)

          I think it is a good start, but you are a little premature in your launch.
          But good luck!

          Paul Puri
          Time Magazines 2006 Person of the Year

          A Nice Place to Podcast!
          http://podmotel.com

          Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
          The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
          http://podcastguild.com/

          Promotion without shame.
          Podcasting Announcements

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
            On 1/2/07, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

            > It's the web 0.1 design. You have to click on the link on the right hand
            > side that says 'more'.

            Said link did not exist when I viewed the page in Safari. Looking at
            it in Firefox now, I see a weird little Flash box with lots of
            buttons. Could you have made it more convoluted?

            And if this is a 'social network,' what's the deal with all the
            "Today's show features..." links, and all the MP3 links to
            bostonfashionandmusic.com? On the surface, this looks more like an
            ordinary podcast that's just looking for more artists to play. (Which
            is not a bad thing at all, but don't call it something that it isn't.)

            http://www.escapepod.org
          • Michael W. Dean
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
              I somehow found the link for the "social network" part, but couldn't
              get past the "music."

              Featured label is called "Los Angeles Fashion and Music", which pretty
              much sums it up. Bunch of models who should spend more time working on
              their music and less time styling their hair.

              Most of it sounds like Justin Timberlake (BLEAH!) but not nearly as good.

              But then again, Justin can afford better songwriters, musicians,
              arrangers, beat programmers, collaborators, guest stars, recording
              engineers, remixers, etc; as well as better stylists, choreographers,
              dancers, nutrition consultants, personal trainers, life coaches, etc.
              etc. And under all that, Justin has a modicum of, I hate to say it,
              raw talent. At least he can dance.

              The site made me wanna dig out my old CRASS records and not bathe for
              a week.