New Social network for music podcasters and bands

  • evanmusic2007
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
      There is a new social network for music podcasters and bands along with
      their fans located at http://www.musicpodcast.net It is free to join
      and have a profile which can include audio,video,rss feeds and many
      additional features-all free!
    • MissPeter
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
        Did you put the wrong link? That site doesn't look anything like a social
        network.

        --

        http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people

        http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people

      • PhiLL Ramey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
          True dat.

          On 1/2/07, MissPeter <peter@...> wrote:

          > Did you put the wrong link? That site doesn't look anything like a
          > social
          > network.
          >
          > On 1/2/07, evanmusic2007 <evan02135@... <evan02135%40verizon.net>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > There is a new social network for music podcasters and bands along with
          > > their fans located at http://www.musicpodcast.net It is free to join
          > > and have a profile which can include audio,video,rss feeds and many
          > > additional features-all free!
          > >

          > --
          >
          > http://www.musicNerve.com - strange music for strange people
          >
          > http://digg.com/podcasts/musicNerve_com_strange_music_for_strange_people

          The PhiLL(er)'s Online Music Program
          http://www.thephiller.com

          The Pitchfork Report
          http://www.pitchforkreport.com

        • Paul Puri
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
            On 1/2/07, MissPeter <peter@...> wrote:

            > Did you put the wrong link? That site doesn't look anything like a social
            > network.

            It's the web 0.1 design. You have to click on the link on the right hand
            side that says 'more'.

            It takes you to another section where you can rate songs and blogs, and
            such. It is extremely new, so content is sparse. It is a youtube clone, so
            much that if you choose a song, the interface looks very similar to it. The
            big difference is that the sound quality is actually better than youtube.

            So I give it:

            A 2 for originality
            A 4 for style
            A 7 for lipsync
            And a -5 for home page
            ;>)

            I think it is a good start, but you are a little premature in your launch.
            But good luck!

            Paul Puri
            Time Magazines 2006 Person of the Year

            A Nice Place to Podcast!
            http://podmotel.com

            Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
            The Podcast Guild Planning Committee.
            http://podcastguild.com/

            Promotion without shame.
            Podcasting Announcements

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
              On 1/2/07, Paul Puri <paulpuri@...> wrote:

              > It's the web 0.1 design. You have to click on the link on the right hand
              > side that says 'more'.

              Said link did not exist when I viewed the page in Safari. Looking at
              it in Firefox now, I see a weird little Flash box with lots of
              buttons. Could you have made it more convoluted?

              And if this is a 'social network,' what's the deal with all the
              "Today's show features..." links, and all the MP3 links to
              bostonfashionandmusic.com? On the surface, this looks more like an
              ordinary podcast that's just looking for more artists to play. (Which
              is not a bad thing at all, but don't call it something that it isn't.)

              http://www.escapepod.org
            • Michael W. Dean
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2007
                I somehow found the link for the "social network" part, but couldn't
                get past the "music."

                Featured label is called "Los Angeles Fashion and Music", which pretty
                much sums it up. Bunch of models who should spend more time working on
                their music and less time styling their hair.

                Most of it sounds like Justin Timberlake (BLEAH!) but not nearly as good.

                But then again, Justin can afford better songwriters, musicians,
                arrangers, beat programmers, collaborators, guest stars, recording
                engineers, remixers, etc; as well as better stylists, choreographers,
                dancers, nutrition consultants, personal trainers, life coaches, etc.
                etc. And under all that, Justin has a modicum of, I hate to say it,
                raw talent. At least he can dance.

                The site made me wanna dig out my old CRASS records and not bathe for
                a week.