Re: [podcasters] Short Video on Blubrry Podcast Community

  • Kevin Crossman
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2006
      I already sent Todd a note but I thought this was a good video to put
      out. More of these, please!

      Steve's point is a good one too. More about listeners! I do truly
      appreciate the lack of screaming ads at blubrry, but I do feel like
      more podcast content would be helpful. I can browse a lot more
      podcasts in iTunes, because I can cycle through the listings within
      each category (this is feedback I provided to blubbrry back at the
      Podcast Expo). The failing that Podcast Alley, Yahoo! Podcasts, and
      to a lesser extent Podshow have all repeated is lack of a lot of
      available podcast listings for new listeners.

      Bluburry has an opportunity to do better than those guys. Don't just
      give me four featured podcasts - give me 8, 12, or 16. And how about
      rotating the categories being featured (yes, like iTunes does).
      Except instead of rehashed big media podcasts, we'd get to browse
      cool indie ones. Editors picks would be nice too, since the listings
      at Yahoo and Digg are pretty static and not much changes in the
      listings.

      The site as is and the video are a good start - and the network is
      expanding. I'm a proud member of the blubrry network.

      -Kevin

      Kevin Crossman
      The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
      www.the-frat-pack.com
      Listen to our Podcast at www.fratpackpodcast.com