Re: Suggestions?

  • Michael W. Dean
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Wayne Selznick"
      <mwselznick@...> wrote:

      > On 12/3/06, Chris Moody <katserf@...> wrote:
      > > My idea for this one is making it more for people who aren't into SL,
      > > but are into Podcasts.
      >
      > I hope this doesn't belabor the obvious, but if you create a promo,
      > the people who hear it are into podcasts.
      =====

      Not if you can get it played on the radio. Or possibly even if you get
      it played on Internet radio.

      --Michael W. Dean

      "I'm not looking to make money at podcasting. I want to maintain my
      amateur status so I can compete in the Olympics."
      --Michael W. Dean

      "DEAL MACHINE", my virtual rock band:
      http://www.dealmachine.org

      --"Clone The Homeless" podcast
      http://www.clonethehomeless.com

      --"Submission and Coffee with Dollie Llama" podcast
      http://www.askdollie.com

      --Casa De Llama Studio
      http://www.casadellama.com

      --My books and films:
      http://www.michaelwdean.com

      --other assorted crap:
      http://www.kittyfeet.com/
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
        On 12/3/06, Michael W. Dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:
        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Wayne Selznick"
        > <mwselznick@...> wrote:
        > > I hope this doesn't belabor the obvious, but if you create a promo,
        > > the people who hear it are into podcasts.
        >
        > Not if you can get it played on the radio. Or possibly even if you get
        > it played on Internet radio.

        Well, if Chris is planning on using the promo outside of podcasts,
        that's true... but then, he's diluting his target even more: people
        who listen to radio (even internet radio) are even *less* likely to
        know what Second Life, Podcast 411, or U Turn Cafe.

        If he made a different promo targeted to streaming or terrestrial
        radio to promote a podcast about Second Life, that might be good!

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        ++++++++++++++++++

        MWS Media:
        Inexpensive web hosting and other services to encourage the DIY ethic
        for independent artists and small business. Because doing it yourself
        should never mean going it alone.
        http://www.mwsmedia.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
          On 12/4/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:

          > If he made a different promo targeted to streaming or terrestrial
          > radio to promote a podcast about Second Life, that might be good!

          Who'd play it?

          (Short of paying to advertise, of course, which probably isn't
          practical for *any* podcast right now.)

          http://www.escapepod.org
        • Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
            > On 12/4/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > If he made a different promo targeted to streaming or terrestrial
            > > radio to promote a podcast about Second Life, that might be good!
            >
            > Who'd play it?
            >
            > (Short of paying to advertise, of course, which probably isn't
            > practical for *any* podcast right now.)

            Indeed.

            --
            Matthew Wayne Selznick