Re: [podcasters] Feed not showing up on audio.weblogs.com

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
      A feed without enclosures doesn't have errors, it just doesn't have enclosures. It works fine with audio.weblogs.com. BTW Brendan's feed does have enclosures. Dave

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
        Fair enough.

        I guess I just assumed that since audio.weblogs.com only shows links to
        enclosures in feeds that the debugger would bork a feed w/o enclosures
        since nothing would appear on the top 100 from that site, and thus to the
        site the feed in a way is still broken.

        Maybe just a thought for the future (after Bloggercon of course... :)

        Everyone have a good time this weekend!

        -Myk

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
          Dave

          I have the same problem. My blog is set to ping audio.weblogs.com but my
          success rate for showing up in the list is around 50%. I always check the
          changes.xml page to make sure it hit - it does - but that does not always
          translate to showing up on the 100 list. Usually I wait to manually ping
          about a half hour later. Why if it shows up the first time as successful
          would it not complete the process?

          Like right now - I pinged (successfully - at least it showed up in
          changes.xml) from my blog about 45 minutes ago but did not appear in the
          list. I then waited and did it manually and achieved success? Here is the
          feed http://mwgblog.com/wp-rss2.php

          The thing that gets me is sometimes it works automatically without my
          needing to do a manual ping.

          Any ideas?

          Mike

          On 11/4/04 8:56 AM, "Dave Winer" <dave@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the work.
          >
          > I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.
          >
          > According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.
          >
          > Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?
          >
          > Dave

        • Dave Winer
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
            No ideas, but there's lots of data in this message. I won't be able to look at this for a couple of weeks, but I will. Dave

            I have the same problem. My blog is set to ping audio.weblogs.com but my
            success rate for showing up in the list is around 50%. I always check the
            changes.xml page to make sure it hit - it does - but that does not always
            translate to showing up on the 100 list. Usually I wait to manually ping
            about a half hour later. Why if it shows up the first time as successful
            would it not complete the process?

            Like right now - I pinged (successfully - at least it showed up in
            changes.xml) from my blog about 45 minutes ago but did not appear in the
            list. I then waited and did it manually and achieved success? Here is the
            feed http://mwgblog.com/wp-rss2.php

            The thing that gets me is sometimes it works automatically without my
            needing to do a manual ping.

            Any ideas?

            Mike

            On 11/4/04 8:56 AM, "Dave Winer" <dave@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the work.
            >
            > I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.
            >
            > According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.
            >
            > Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?
            >
            > Dave

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Geek News
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
              If you all notice the page does not refresh immediately so I just check back
              in a hour or so, make sure the time stamp updates before you go to GQ.

              Todd...

              _____

              No ideas, but there's lots of data in this message. I won't be able to look
              at this for a couple of weeks, but I will. Dave

              I have the same problem. My blog is set to ping audio.weblogs.com but my
              success rate for showing up in the list is around 50%. I always check the
              changes.xml page to make sure it hit - it does - but that does not always
              translate to showing up on the 100 list. Usually I wait to manually ping
              about a half hour later. Why if it shows up the first time as successful
              would it not complete the process?

              Like right now - I pinged (successfully - at least it showed up in
              changes.xml) from my blog about 45 minutes ago but did not appear in the
              list. I then waited and did it manually and achieved success? Here is
              the
              feed http://mwgblog.com/wp-rss2.php

              The thing that gets me is sometimes it works automatically without my
              needing to do a manual ping.

              Any ideas?

              Mike

              On 11/4/04 8:56 AM, "Dave Winer" <dave@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the
              work.

              > I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.
              >
              > According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.
              >
              > Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?
              >
              > Dave

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129avp1jo/M=315388.5529724.6602080.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1099675243/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
              .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
              here

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5529724.6602080.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2372354/rand=849664080>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Michael Geoghegan
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
                Agreed todd. I only re-ping when I see the feeds that were listed with my
                original ping in the changes.xml file have posted and mine has not. The
                mystery will get solved eventually.

                Mike