Live on stage in NYC

  • Jesse Thorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      Last month I taped two episodes of The Sound of Young America live on
      stage in New York City. It went really well -- we had sold out
      houses, good press and industry presence, and cool shows with cool
      guests. The Onion sponsored.

      I just posted the first show:
      http://www.maximumfun.org/blog/2006/12/podcast-live-in-new-york-city-1.html

      It has some standup comedy, a wonderful monologist (Mike Daisey), an
      interview with David Wain (of Stella and The State), and some music
      from a hip-hop group called Tanya Morgan.

      Anyway, we had about half regular listeners and about half
      never-listened-befores at the show, and I feel like it was a great
      marketing exercise besides just being a great time. If you have a
      show with a good-sized audience, live events are really worth considering.

      Jesse
      The Sound of Young America
      http://www.maximumfun.org