Re: Re: [podcasters] ARGHH! Beyer USB headset fails. What is a decent headset?

  • Shelly
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
      Melissa, that's been my experience, too. but it's been awhile for me. I
      would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had good experiences
      with it--recording a show, that is. Ideally, you could use Skypecast to
      create the conference, and all record separately, but for those situations
      in which that's not possible (I interviewed a lot of musicians when I was
      producing iProng Radio, and there's no way we would be able to get them to
      record) a three-to-five-way skypecast would be ideal in terms of logistics.
      So what about it? I last used it in June. Has Skypecast gotten any better?

      On 12/1/06, Melissa Anelli <melanelli@...> wrote:
      > Careful with the SkypeCasts: I once tried to have a meeting with my top
      > level of Web site staff via SkypeCast, because we couldn't all fit in the
      > conference - we spent an hour punting random german and japanese cast
      > crashers out of the meeting. It was hilariuos, but also instructive on how
      > it's mayyyyyyybe not the best if you're podcasting or doing something
      > private.
      > On 12/1/06, Stephen Eley <SFEley@... <SFEley%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 12/1/06, Pilot Mike <podcasters@...<podcasters%40pilotcast.com>
      > <podcasters%40pilotcast.com>>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > We're starting a new show next week that will be roundtable sorta like
      > > > TWiT where we may have 6 other people show up from all over the
      > > > country. I'm getting them all set up to join in a Skype conference.
      > > > I'll see if I figure out how to get them all up at the same time in
      > > > spite of the 5 participant limit. I *think* I know how to pull that
      > off
      > > > with multiple Macs and some creativity on the mixer. We'll see.
      > >
      > > No longer necessary. First because the participant limit for a simple
      > > conference has been increased to 10 with the latest version of Skype,
      > > and second:
      > >
      > > http://skypecasts.skype.com
      > >
      > > --
      > > Have Fun,
      > > Steve Eley (sfeley@... <sfeley%40gmail.com> <sfeley%40gmail.com>)
      > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
      > > http://www.escapepod.org

      Shelly Brisbin, podcast juggernaut

      Shelly's Podcast: http://shellyspodcast.com
      Hollywood On The Radio: http://hollywood.libsyn.com