Re: [podcasters] New Podcast - The Model Maker's Podcast

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      On 12/1/06, David <rigante@...> wrote:

      > It is far from perfect, the sound quality is awful and I am going to
      > have to get rid of the powertool sound effects in favour of
      > something less grating!
      >
      > But hey, it is show no.1 it is mine and I am proud of it!

      You should be. I took a quick listen-through and it's actually quite
      good. You're presenting solid information and your enthusiasm shows.
      You got me into it as well, which is the sign of successful delivery.
      (I used to paint miniatures for my D&D game -- never in large numbers,
      and I never got as far as sculpting or modifying, but it was fun and
      relaxing.)

      I don't think your sound effects were that bad; you don't use them to
      excess, and they are appropriate to the subject. Your voice is
      well-paced; the intonation sounds a little forced, but that'll work
      out over time as you get comfortable. And to my ears you've got a
      *great* accent. >8->

      Two structural notes: you don't need to re-identify yourself in the
      middle of the podcast (unlike radio, no one's going to be tuning in
      halfway through), and while it is important to identify your bed
      music, I'd move the music credits to the end of the show. I'd also
      put the credit for the closing track *before* the track, so that you
      close on music. (And if you're going to be using that same track all
      the time, not highlighting new music, fade out after a little while.)
      Those are really minor, though.

      Good job -- and good luck with it! You've got a good formula here --
      you picked a specific subject that you care about and you're
      presenting real information to your peers. Look at, say, the Top 100
      podcasts from Feedburner stats
      (http://www.podfeed.net/feedburner_rankings.asp) and you'll see that
      most of the top podcasts do the same thing. Keep podcasting, and get
      the word out in wargaming communities, and I think you'll do quite
      well.

      http://www.escapepod.org