Re: Re: [podcasters] ARGHH! Beyer USB headset fails. What is a decent headset?

  • Melissa Anelli
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
      Careful with the SkypeCasts: I once tried to have a meeting with my top
      level of Web site staff via SkypeCast, because we couldn't all fit in the
      conference - we spent an hour punting random german and japanese cast
      crashers out of the meeting. It was hilariuos, but also instructive on how
      it's mayyyyyyybe not the best if you're podcasting or doing something
      private.

      > On 12/1/06, Pilot Mike <podcasters@...<podcasters%40pilotcast.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > We're starting a new show next week that will be roundtable sorta like
      > > TWiT where we may have 6 other people show up from all over the
      > > country. I'm getting them all set up to join in a Skype conference.
      > > I'll see if I figure out how to get them all up at the same time in
      > > spite of the 5 participant limit. I *think* I know how to pull that off
      > > with multiple Macs and some creativity on the mixer. We'll see.
      >
      > No longer necessary. First because the participant limit for a simple
      > conference has been increased to 10 with the latest version of Skype,
      > and second:
      >
      > http://skypecasts.skype.com
      >
      > --
      > Have Fun,
      > Steve Eley (sfeley@... <sfeley%40gmail.com>)
      > http://www.escapepod.org

    • Shelly
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
        Melissa, that's been my experience, too. but it's been awhile for me. I
        would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had good experiences
        with it--recording a show, that is. Ideally, you could use Skypecast to
        create the conference, and all record separately, but for those situations
        in which that's not possible (I interviewed a lot of musicians when I was
        producing iProng Radio, and there's no way we would be able to get them to
        record) a three-to-five-way skypecast would be ideal in terms of logistics.
        So what about it? I last used it in June. Has Skypecast gotten any better?

        -shelly

        On 12/1/06, Melissa Anelli <melanelli@...> wrote:

        > Careful with the SkypeCasts: I once tried to have a meeting with my top
        > level of Web site staff via SkypeCast, because we couldn't all fit in the
        > conference - we spent an hour punting random german and japanese cast
        > crashers out of the meeting. It was hilariuos, but also instructive on how
        > it's mayyyyyyybe not the best if you're podcasting or doing something
        > private.
        >
        > On 12/1/06, Stephen Eley <SFEley@... <SFEley%40gmail.com>> wrote:
        > >
        > > On 12/1/06, Pilot Mike <podcasters@...<podcasters%40pilotcast.com>
        > <podcasters%40pilotcast.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > We're starting a new show next week that will be roundtable sorta like
        > > > TWiT where we may have 6 other people show up from all over the
        > > > country. I'm getting them all set up to join in a Skype conference.
        > > > I'll see if I figure out how to get them all up at the same time in
        > > > spite of the 5 participant limit. I *think* I know how to pull that
        > off
        > > > with multiple Macs and some creativity on the mixer. We'll see.
        > >
        > > No longer necessary. First because the participant limit for a simple
        > > conference has been increased to 10 with the latest version of Skype,
        > > and second:
        > >
        > > http://skypecasts.skype.com
        > >
        > > --
        > > Have Fun,
        > > Steve Eley (sfeley@... <sfeley%40gmail.com> <sfeley%40gmail.com>)
        > > ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine
        > > http://www.escapepod.org

        Shelly Brisbin, podcast juggernaut

        Shelly's Podcast: http://shellyspodcast.com
        Hollywood On The Radio: http://hollywood.libsyn.com