New Podcast - The Model Maker's Podcast

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      Thanks for all the help over the last couple of weeks!

      I have finally got Show No.1 up.

      It is far from perfect, the sound quality is awful and I am going to
      have to get rid of the powertool sound effects in favour of
      something less grating!

      But hey, it is show no.1 it is mine and I am proud of it!

      Please check it out and let me have any suggestiosn that you think
      might help!

      cheers

      David Drage
      The Model Maker's Podcast
      Home: http://www.themodelmakerspodcast.com
      Feed: http://tmmp.libsyn.com/rss
      david@...
    • Andy Bilodeau
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        On 12/1/06, David <rigante@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for all the help over the last couple of weeks!
        >
        > I have finally got Show No.1 up.
        >
        > It is far from perfect, the sound quality is awful and I am going to
        > have to get rid of the powertool sound effects in favour of
        > something less grating!
        >
        > But hey, it is show no.1 it is mine and I am proud of it!
        >
        > Please check it out and let me have any suggestiosn that you think
        > might help!

        Hi David,

        I listened to your #1 episode....congrats on getting the first out the door.

        I found the sound quality to be quite good for a first podcast and you are
        right the buzz saw sound effect should be reconsidered. It was much louder
        than the rest of the show and I found that it didn't really fit the flow of
        the show...perhaps if you recorded a few seconds of your toothbrush
        sander...or something equally subdued it may fit better

        Well done for your inaugural show!

        --
        Andy Bilodeau
        PodCaster

        The AndyCast PodCast
        You'll laugh 'til you stop!
        http://www.andycast.net
        Skype : andybilodeau

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
          On 12/1/06, David <rigante@...> wrote:

          > It is far from perfect, the sound quality is awful and I am going to
          > have to get rid of the powertool sound effects in favour of
          > something less grating!
          >
          > But hey, it is show no.1 it is mine and I am proud of it!

          You should be. I took a quick listen-through and it's actually quite
          good. You're presenting solid information and your enthusiasm shows.
          You got me into it as well, which is the sign of successful delivery.
          (I used to paint miniatures for my D&D game -- never in large numbers,
          and I never got as far as sculpting or modifying, but it was fun and
          relaxing.)

          I don't think your sound effects were that bad; you don't use them to
          excess, and they are appropriate to the subject. Your voice is
          well-paced; the intonation sounds a little forced, but that'll work
          out over time as you get comfortable. And to my ears you've got a
          *great* accent. >8->

          Two structural notes: you don't need to re-identify yourself in the
          middle of the podcast (unlike radio, no one's going to be tuning in
          halfway through), and while it is important to identify your bed
          music, I'd move the music credits to the end of the show. I'd also
          put the credit for the closing track *before* the track, so that you
          close on music. (And if you're going to be using that same track all
          the time, not highlighting new music, fade out after a little while.)
          Those are really minor, though.

          Good job -- and good luck with it! You've got a good formula here --
          you picked a specific subject that you care about and you're
          presenting real information to your peers. Look at, say, the Top 100
          podcasts from Feedburner stats
          (http://www.podfeed.net/feedburner_rankings.asp) and you'll see that
          most of the top podcasts do the same thing. Keep podcasting, and get
          the word out in wargaming communities, and I think you'll do quite
          well.

          http://www.escapepod.org