Feed not showing up on audio.weblogs.com

  • Brendan Creecy
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
      Hi. I sent this to Dave and he sent me here, so here goes:

      Hey Dave, I'm sure you're getting a ton of e-mails like this, but I've
      tried everything. I ping audio.weblogs.com with my feed
      (http://radiobrendoman.com/index.xml) and it says thanks for the ping, I
      tried the debugger and it said it was fine, yet my post doesn't show up.
      I would appreciate any help you can give me.

      I'd appreciate any help I can get. My posts showed up the very first
      time I pinged the site, but since then they haven't shown up. Thanks
      again for your guys' help.
    • Dave Winer
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
        Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the work.

        I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.

        According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.

        Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?

        Dave
        Hi. I sent this to Dave and he sent me here, so here goes:

        Hey Dave, I'm sure you're getting a ton of e-mails like this, but I've
        tried everything. I ping audio.weblogs.com with my feed
        (http://radiobrendoman.com/index.xml) and it says thanks for the ping, I
        tried the debugger and it said it was fine, yet my post doesn't show up.
        I would appreciate any help you can give me.

        I'd appreciate any help I can get. My posts showed up the very first
        time I pinged the site, but since then they haven't shown up. Thanks
        again for your guys' help.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

      • Myk O'Leary
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
          There could very well be a bug in the debugger.

          I grabbed the debugger URL from this post:
          http://www.ipodder.org/2004/11/01#a381

          Entered my feed as the URL:
          http://manila.podcatch.com/ping/feedDebug?url=http://www.blueneedle.com/wo
          rdpress/feed/rss2

          And got this answer back:
          "We found no errors, your feed should work with audio.weblogs.com."

          Funny, because my feed does not even have enclosures yet...

          Can you take a second look Dave? If my feed w/o enclosures is showing as
          A-OK, then there may actually be an issue with Brendan's feed that is
          being masked by the debugger...

          OR, if someone solves this issue, reply to Dave to tell him what to fix...

          Thanks!

          -Myk
          http://www.blueneedle.com/wordpress

          Hi. I sent this to Dave and he sent me here, so here goes:

          Hey Dave, I'm sure you're getting a ton of e-mails like this, but I've
          tried everything. I ping audio.weblogs.com with my feed
          (http://radiobrendoman.com/index.xml) and it says thanks for the ping, I
          tried the debugger and it said it was fine, yet my post doesn't show up.
          I would appreciate any help you can give me.

          I'd appreciate any help I can get. My posts showed up the very first time
          I pinged the site, but since then they haven't shown up. Thanks again for
          your guys' help.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/26EolB/TM
        • Dave Winer
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
            I pinged using the ping form, and now they all appear.

            http://audio.weblogs.com/pingform.html

            So I'd look to your ping-sender to see if it's working.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
              A feed without enclosures doesn't have errors, it just doesn't have enclosures. It works fine with audio.weblogs.com. BTW Brendan's feed does have enclosures. Dave

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
                Fair enough.

                I guess I just assumed that since audio.weblogs.com only shows links to
                enclosures in feeds that the debugger would bork a feed w/o enclosures
                since nothing would appear on the top 100 from that site, and thus to the
                site the feed in a way is still broken.

                Maybe just a thought for the future (after Bloggercon of course... :)

                Everyone have a good time this weekend!

                -Myk

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
                  Dave

                  I have the same problem. My blog is set to ping audio.weblogs.com but my
                  success rate for showing up in the list is around 50%. I always check the
                  changes.xml page to make sure it hit - it does - but that does not always
                  translate to showing up on the 100 list. Usually I wait to manually ping
                  about a half hour later. Why if it shows up the first time as successful
                  would it not complete the process?

                  Like right now - I pinged (successfully - at least it showed up in
                  changes.xml) from my blog about 45 minutes ago but did not appear in the
                  list. I then waited and did it manually and achieved success? Here is the
                  feed http://mwgblog.com/wp-rss2.php

                  The thing that gets me is sometimes it works automatically without my
                  needing to do a manual ping.

                  Any ideas?

                  Mike

                  On 11/4/04 8:56 AM, "Dave Winer" <dave@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the work.
                  >
                  > I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.
                  >
                  > According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.
                  >
                  > Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?
                  >
                  > Dave

                • Dave Winer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
                    No ideas, but there's lots of data in this message. I won't be able to look at this for a couple of weeks, but I will. Dave

                    I have the same problem. My blog is set to ping audio.weblogs.com but my
                    success rate for showing up in the list is around 50%. I always check the
                    changes.xml page to make sure it hit - it does - but that does not always
                    translate to showing up on the 100 list. Usually I wait to manually ping
                    about a half hour later. Why if it shows up the first time as successful
                    would it not complete the process?

                    Like right now - I pinged (successfully - at least it showed up in
                    changes.xml) from my blog about 45 minutes ago but did not appear in the
                    list. I then waited and did it manually and achieved success? Here is the
                    feed http://mwgblog.com/wp-rss2.php

                    The thing that gets me is sometimes it works automatically without my
                    needing to do a manual ping.

                    Any ideas?

                    Mike

                    On 11/4/04 8:56 AM, "Dave Winer" <dave@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the work.
                    >
                    > I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.
                    >
                    > According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.
                    >
                    > Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?
                    >
                    > Dave

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Geek News
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
                      If you all notice the page does not refresh immediately so I just check back
                      in a hour or so, make sure the time stamp updates before you go to GQ.

                      Todd...

                      _____

                      No ideas, but there's lots of data in this message. I won't be able to look
                      at this for a couple of weeks, but I will. Dave

                      I have the same problem. My blog is set to ping audio.weblogs.com but my
                      success rate for showing up in the list is around 50%. I always check the
                      changes.xml page to make sure it hit - it does - but that does not always
                      translate to showing up on the 100 list. Usually I wait to manually ping
                      about a half hour later. Why if it shows up the first time as successful
                      would it not complete the process?

                      Like right now - I pinged (successfully - at least it showed up in
                      changes.xml) from my blog about 45 minutes ago but did not appear in the
                      list. I then waited and did it manually and achieved success? Here is
                      the
                      feed http://mwgblog.com/wp-rss2.php

                      The thing that gets me is sometimes it works automatically without my
                      needing to do a manual ping.

                      Any ideas?

                      Mike

                      On 11/4/04 8:56 AM, "Dave Winer" <dave@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks for posting it to the list, that helps spread knowledge and the
                      work.

                      > I looked at the feed, and ran it through the debugger, it looks fine.
                      >
                      > According to audio.weblogs.com, last time it updated was on Oct 22.
                      >
                      > Does it show up in changes.xml when you ping?
                      >
                      > Dave

                      Service.

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129avp1jo/M=315388.5529724.6602080.3001176/D=gr
                      oups/S=1705004726:HM/EXP=1099675243/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www
                      .orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS> click
                      here

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5529724.6602080.3001176/D=groups/S=
                      :HM/A=2372354/rand=849664080>

                      _____

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    • Michael Geoghegan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 4, 2004
                        Agreed todd. I only re-ping when I see the feeds that were listed with my
                        original ping in the changes.xml file have posted and mine has not. The
                        mystery will get solved eventually.

                        Mike