Re: Simple podcast content creation service

  • Eric Rice
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
      For what it's worth, phone posts through our system are encoded with basic ID3v2 data.
      We've also made reasonable efforts to support podcasting by giving users the option to
      send the MP3 link (with rel=enclosure for feedburner). I occasionally do audioblogging
      instead of podcasting, and I'll be doing this on vacation. It all ends up in the same place.
      So, the dog food's being eaten. ;-)

      Eric Rice
      ericrice.com/podcast
      audioblog.com

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Marcus Cristenson" <marcusc@g...> wrote:

      > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <pete@r...> wrote:
      > > Hey, I'm working on something similar! Just for myself though...
      >
      > For single users audioblog.com almost does it. I miss a local
      > phonenumber in my area for offline posting though. For multiple users
      > the audioblog.com Acceptable Use Policy states "6. I acknowledge
      > that my Audioblog membership cannot be transferred or used by anyone
      > other than me. I understand that any membership found in violation
      > shall be subject to immediate termination." To bad.
      >
      > > I've found that the voicemail providers I looked at use gsm or wav,
      > but
      > > you can convert to MP3 using Lame once on your own server.
      >
      > Thanks for the tip! Has anyone tried it? Does it use much CPU time?
      >
      > > What will you be using to automate the application of ID3 metadata?
      >
      > Still looking for a solution. I want it to use caller id to identify
      > the user, fetch the user info from the user profile and ad it as a
      > ID3 tag.
      >
      > > Re: Skype - What, no SIP? ;)
      >
      > Hmm, of course... forgot about that... :)
      >
      > /Marcus
    • Doug Moore
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
        We just upgraded our daily podcast from using audioblogger.com to
        audioblog.com. Loads better.. Longer post time. id3 tags.. It is
        Cheap and Easy!!

        Doug
        Clint and Doug's Craptagular Spectucular
        feed - http://feeds.feedburner.com/Mypodcast
        address - http://www.clintanddoug.info