Re: [podcasters] iPodder version 1.1 released (with integrated OPML directory)

  • Jason Evangelho
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      AND, unlike V1.0, Torrent-fed shows NOW SYNC WITH ITUNES. HURRAY!!!!!!!!

      You guys did a splendid job.

      On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:07:43 +0100, Martijn Venrooy <martijn@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > iPodder v1.1 is released for Windows and Macintosh!
      >
      > What are the new features of version 1.1?
      > - Enhanced download progress feedback.
      > - Don't want to check all feeds? You can now check just one feed.
      > - iPodder can now run on startup.
      > - Advanced options for Power Users.
      > - Automatic setting of Grouping: Podcast for iTunes/Win users.
      > - Lots of extra debugging code to make it easier to figure out what went
      > wrong if a download fails.
      >

      > Go get your copy at:
      > http://ipodder.sourceforge.net/
      >
      > Enjoy!
      >
      > Cheers,
      > The iPodder team
      >
      > -----------------------------
      > Erik de Jonge (dev)
      > Andrew Grumet (dev/gui)
      > Martijn Venrooy (design/gui)
      > Perica Zivkovic (dev)
      > Garth T Kidd (dev)
      >
      > David Janes (dev)
      > PJ Cabrera (dev)
      > Helio Chissini de Castro (dev)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >

      > Get unlimited calls to
      >
      > U.S./Canada

      "The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too
      strong to be broken."
      ~Samuel Johnson
    • Harold Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
        Hi iPodder team,

        I love you for continuing to build and improve this wonderful
        application, but I have one small (giant?) request. Can you please
        build a version for Linux? I'm using the Xandros 2 distro, which is a
        rapidly growing and (finally!) easy-to-install-and-run flavor of
        LInux, and I'm about to begin beta testing Xandros 3. I would love to
        be able to use iPodder on Xandros, which seems to be taking the world
        by storm.

        Additionally, the Xandros team has made some arrangements with
        software developers, such as the team behind Audacity, to make
        software available for one-click download/install on their distro.
        You may wish to think about contacting Xandros' beta team at
        betateam@... to make arrangements for your software to be
        included in the next release of Xandros (or at least available via
        Xandros Networks--that's the one-click software downloader/installer).

        Thanks again for your continuing work on iPodder!

        Sincerely,
        Harold J. Johnson
        http://SomethingthatHappened.com
        Podcast feed: http://www.somethingthathappened.com/podcast.xml