Re: [podcasters] Shared hosting?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      On 11/1/06, Michael Butler <rockandrollgeek@...> wrote:
      > Try http://www.podshow.com
      > It is free.
      > Disclaimer: I work for the company but I use it for all of my shows.

      MWD: Take a very close look at the podshow.com user agreement, and
      decide carefully if you really want to host your podcast there.

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      ++++++++++++++++++

      "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
      http://www.bravemenrun.com

      "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
      http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

      MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
      http://www.mwsmedia.com
    • Shawn Thorpe
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
        I've been using ClickCaster (http://www.clickcaster.com/) for the last few
        months to host my podcast files. ClickCaster provides unlimited storage and
        unlimited bandwidth for free. Right now, ClickCaster doesn't insert
        advertisements into the shows that it hosts. This may change in the future,
        but there haven't been any official announcements stating so. You can use
        ClickCaster on the back end, but you have to link back to the ClickCaster
        site, per their terms of service. (You can see examples of how I do it at
        my website http://www.hypernonsense.com/) Then, I use GoDaddy to host my
        main website. I pay less than $10.00/month for hosting, and so far,
        everything's been OK.

        I'm sure, however, that if you searched around enough places, you'd find
        plenty of pro and con reviews for most web hosting companies.

        -Shawn