Hooray for slave labor!

  • michael dean
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Just got my iRiver in the mail. DAMN!! This little sucker is so cool I cannot contain my glee!
      I'm listening to my favorite music on it. (Not the crap it comes loaded with.) When I'm done having a blast figuring out all the little buttons and functions, I'm gonna go out in the woods and speak to the air with it, and upload later.

      Thank you for the recommendation, Pod List!
      ---
      I adore the fact that all the toys we get to play with during these end days on Earth are so cheap and sexy....The iRiver does stuff that ten years ago would have taken a large suitcast full of gear and an AC outlet to duplicate. The mikes and mixer I got for 500 bucks on MusiciansFriend.com would have cost 10,000 dollars when I first started playing music.

      Why?

      Well, part of it is Moore's law.

      The other half of it is slave labor in China. The poor wretches who built my iRiver will never own one. They would have to work for three months to be able to buy it, and wouldn't be able to eat for those three months in order to hang one of these little red pods around their neck.

      Just a thought.......

      --Michael W. Dean
      ---------------
      --"Clone The Homeless" podcast
      http://www.clonethehomeless.com

      --"Submission and Coffee with Dollie Llama" podcast
      http://www.askdollie.com

      --Casa De Llama Studio
      http://www.casadellama.com

      --My books and films: