Patting myself on the back....

  • Flyswatter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
      I've been podcasting since July and while Coffee and Tea Show has done
      25 shows, it remains a tiny, unlistened to and unloved speck of a
      dirty snowball in the vast podosphere. Oh well. If nobody listens it
      makes us free to do what we want and we are taking that attitude and
      running with it! Nobody complains that you aren't putting out shows on
      a regular basis and you aren't following any particular format
      template when the only people who listen are folks you personally
      forced to subscribe!

      However, Rocky Horror Pod Show is doing very well. Not Dawn and Drew
      well, but though it's still a new show with only 11 episodes, today we
      just hit over 1000 listeners. It goes to show that un-previously
      covered niche markets are the way to go if you want to quickly build
      an audience. Sadly though, I can't find anyone to exchange promos
      with, because there are no other Rocky Horror-oriented shows. One
      movie podcast played us because of Halloween but other than
      that...nothing.

      Laura Ross

      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
      http://coffeeandteashow.com
      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
      coffeeandteashow@...

      Rocky Horror Pod Show
      http://rockyhorrorpodshow.libsyn.com
      Listener hotline: 206-DEW-TOOT (206-339-8668)
      rockypod@...
    • Michael W. Dean
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

        > I've been podcasting since July and while Coffee and Tea Show has done
        > 25 shows, it remains a tiny, unlistened to and unloved speck of a
        > dirty snowball in the vast podosphere. Oh well. If nobody listens it
        > makes us free to do what we want and we are taking that attitude and
        > running with it! Nobody complains that you aren't putting out shows on
        > a regular basis and you aren't following any particular format
        > template when the only people who listen are folks you personally
        > forced to subscribe!

        I listen to CATS and will complain that you don't do shows more often.
        (Especially radio plays like the hilarious "CATS 100806: Old-Timey
        Badly-Read Porn Theater."