Shared hosting?

  • michael dean
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
      Howdy, all!

      I was asking on here recently about DreamHost, and people said "They're good, but they're shared hosting."
      I believe the current host I'm overpaying for is shared hosting also. It doesn't say they are, but it doesn't say dedicated either. (And dedicated costs more than $30 a month.)

      Anyone who knows more about this wanna take a look and let me know?:
      http://www.adulthost.com

      I'd be thankful.

      Can anyone see any reason (other than 50 bucks set-up cost) not to ditch AdultHost and move over to DreamHost?

      Thank you,
      Michael W. Dean

      --"Clone The Homeless" podcast
      http://www.clonethehomeless.com

      --"Submission and Coffee with Dollie Llama" podcast
      http://www.askdollie.com

      --Casa De Llama Studio
      http://www.casadellama.com

      --My books and films:
      http://www.michaelwdean.com

      --other assorted crap:
      http://www.kittyfeet.com/

    • Michael Butler
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hey Michael,

        Try http://www.podshow.com
        It is free.
        Disclaimer: I work for the company but I use it for all of my shows.

        On 11/1/06, michael dean <kittyfeet70@...> wrote:

        > Howdy, all!
        >
        > I was asking on here recently about DreamHost, and people said "They're
        > good, but they're shared hosting."
        > I believe the current host I'm overpaying for is shared hosting also. It
        > doesn't say they are, but it doesn't say dedicated either. (And dedicated
        > costs more than $30 a month.)
        >
        > Anyone who knows more about this wanna take a look and let me know?:
        > http://www.adulthost.com
        >
        > I'd be thankful.
        >
        > Can anyone see any reason (other than 50 bucks set-up cost) not to ditch
        > AdultHost and move over to DreamHost?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Michael W. Dean
        >
        > --"Clone The Homeless" podcast
        > http://www.clonethehomeless.com
        >
        > --"Submission and Coffee with Dollie Llama" podcast
        > http://www.askdollie.com
        >
        > --Casa De Llama Studio
        > http://www.casadellama.com
        >
        > --My books and films:
        > http://www.michaelwdean.com
        >
        > --other assorted crap:
        > http://www.kittyfeet.com/

        The Rock and Roll Geek Show

        This is the real school of Rock!
        Interviews, Music and Talk From a
        Rock and Roll Geek

        http://www.rockandrollgeek.com
      • Michael W. Dean
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Butler"
          <rockandrollgeek@...> wrote:

          > Hey Michael,
          >
          > Try http://www.podshow.com
          > It is free.
          > Disclaimer: I work for the company but I use it for all of my shows.

          ====================

          Disclaimer: You were also in one the coolest, funniest bands I've ever
          had the pleasure to see.

          Glad to see you are doing nifty stuff these days and not dead or
          homeless like so many of our old friends.

          Long live rock, and also long live outliving the rock 'n' roll lifestyle!

          >Michael W. Dean

          --"Clone The Homeless" podcast
          http://www.clonethehomeless.com

          --"Submission and Coffee with Dollie Llama" podcast
          http://www.askdollie.com

          --Casa De Llama Studio
          http://www.casadellama.com

          --My books and films:
          http://www.michaelwdean.com

          --other assorted crap:
          http://www.kittyfeet.com
        • Matthew Wayne Selznick
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
            On 11/1/06, Michael Butler <rockandrollgeek@...> wrote:
            > Try http://www.podshow.com
            > It is free.
            > Disclaimer: I work for the company but I use it for all of my shows.

            MWD: Take a very close look at the podshow.com user agreement, and
            decide carefully if you really want to host your podcast there.

            --
            Matthew Wayne Selznick
            ++++++++++++++++++

            "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
            http://www.bravemenrun.com

            "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
            http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

            MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
            http://www.mwsmedia.com
          • Shawn Thorpe
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
              I've been using ClickCaster (http://www.clickcaster.com/) for the last few
              months to host my podcast files. ClickCaster provides unlimited storage and
              unlimited bandwidth for free. Right now, ClickCaster doesn't insert
              advertisements into the shows that it hosts. This may change in the future,
              but there haven't been any official announcements stating so. You can use
              ClickCaster on the back end, but you have to link back to the ClickCaster
              site, per their terms of service. (You can see examples of how I do it at
              my website http://www.hypernonsense.com/) Then, I use GoDaddy to host my
              main website. I pay less than $10.00/month for hosting, and so far,
              everything's been OK.

              I'm sure, however, that if you searched around enough places, you'd find
              plenty of pro and con reviews for most web hosting companies.

              -Shawn