Re: RSS Video Podcast on Web site

  • Mary Catherine Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      You gotta start somewhere. I've just been figuring this out myself.
      Here's some helpful info.

      To make a one-click subscribe button, just link the html to itpc://
      (your xml file without the http://)

      For example, here's mine:
      itpc://nursehealer.com/NurseHealerPodcast.xml

      Technical specifications for podcasts are on the Apple iTunes website:
      http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststechspecs.html

      Feed Burner, Podcast Pickle, and Podcast.net also offer great
      listener-supportive resources.

      There are also some excellent podcasts on podcasting that you may
      want to subscribe to. Podcast Underground, School of Podcasting, and
      Today in Podcasting are really good ones.

      I have links to all these and other podcast help sites on my
      developing podcast page:
      http://www.nursehealer.com/Podcast.htm

      Many blessings,
      Mary C Miller,
      aka NurseHealer

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "meopierson" <meopierson@...>
      wrote:

      > I have the video podcast up on iTunes.
      > How can I take that same .xml feed file and put it up on my Web
      page
      > and work?
      >
      > If someone clicks on it and gets the text version of the .xml file,
      do
      > they just need to download an RSS reader?
      >
      > This seems like a really dumb question - my apologies in advance.

    • Dmitry Baranov
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hello,

        Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 4:49:31 AM, you wrote:

        > I have the video podcast up on iTunes.
        > How can I take that same .xml feed file and put it up on my Web page
        > and work?

        Feed Editor by ExtraLabs is great for making RSS files:
        http://www.extralabs.net/feed-editor.htm

        --
        Dmitry Baranov