RSS Video Podcast on Web site

  • meopierson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      I have the video podcast up on iTunes.
      How can I take that same .xml feed file and put it up on my Web page
      and work?

      If someone clicks on it and gets the text version of the .xml file, do
      they just need to download an RSS reader?

      This seems like a really dumb question - my apologies in advance.
    • Mary Catherine Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        You gotta start somewhere. I've just been figuring this out myself.
        Here's some helpful info.

        To make a one-click subscribe button, just link the html to itpc://
        (your xml file without the http://)

        For example, here's mine:
        itpc://nursehealer.com/NurseHealerPodcast.xml

        Technical specifications for podcasts are on the Apple iTunes website:
        http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststechspecs.html

        Feed Burner, Podcast Pickle, and Podcast.net also offer great
        listener-supportive resources.

        There are also some excellent podcasts on podcasting that you may
        want to subscribe to. Podcast Underground, School of Podcasting, and
        Today in Podcasting are really good ones.

        I have links to all these and other podcast help sites on my
        developing podcast page:
        http://www.nursehealer.com/Podcast.htm

        Many blessings,
        Mary C Miller,
        aka NurseHealer

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "meopierson" <meopierson@...>
        wrote:

        > I have the video podcast up on iTunes.
        > How can I take that same .xml feed file and put it up on my Web
        page
        > and work?
        >
        > If someone clicks on it and gets the text version of the .xml file,
        do
        > they just need to download an RSS reader?
        >
        > This seems like a really dumb question - my apologies in advance.

      • Dmitry Baranov
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hello,

          Wednesday, November 1, 2006, 4:49:31 AM, you wrote:

          > I have the video podcast up on iTunes.
          > How can I take that same .xml feed file and put it up on my Web page
          > and work?

          Feed Editor by ExtraLabs is great for making RSS files:
          http://www.extralabs.net/feed-editor.htm

          --
          Dmitry Baranov