The Podcast Expo Rocked!!!!

  • marcxavier2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1 1:59 PM
      Hey folks,

      I just wanted to drop a message and say thanks to everyone I had the
      privlige to meet and hang with at the podcast expo. I'm not going to
      name-drop in a cheesy attempt to get attention or anything like that,
      but the expo was definitely an educational and eye-opening experience.
      I feel like I understand the podcasting world so much better after
      getting a chance to actually sit down with and talk to people I've
      only known through email or IM, or through their show up to this
      point. It was really great, totally blew away my expectations.
      Godwilling, I'm going to make an effort to get to DragonCon (Atlanta,
      right?) next year, too.

      If you didn't go to the expo this year, you totally missed out. Try
      and make it next year, I hear it's supposed to be EVEN MORE of a blast!

      J. Marcus Xavier from the Silent Universe
    • I Print Stickers
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1 11:22 PM
        I agree with you, JMX, and actually, I think we crossed pathes or
        exchanged cards--what a blur.
        However, I heard they want to make it a 3 day event next year. Is
        that right?
        I dont forsee a third day as being anything more than an opportunity
        for the organizers and hotels to make more $$.
        Same exhibitors. Not many after parties on Saturday, What's the
        point of a 3rd day?

        BIG KUDOS to Dan Klass, Lance Anderson and the LA Podcasters for
        really thinking outside the box. This year, they organizing some
        entertaining and insightful discussions that were not focused
        strictly on business, marketing and other fundamental topics that
        many of us have heard a million times. They are keeping podcasting a
        legitimate cutting edge art form, Hopefully next year there might be
        a music related discussion.
        Where do I sign up?
        SUMMMATIME!!! OWW!!
        JasperfromThePlanNineRockShow
        http://plannineprint.com

        > Hey folks,
        >
        > I just wanted to drop a message and say thanks to everyone I had the
        > privlige to meet and hang with at the podcast expo. I'm not going to
        > name-drop in a cheesy attempt to get attention or anything like that,
        > but the expo was definitely an educational and eye-opening experience.
        > I feel like I understand the podcasting world so much better after
        > getting a chance to actually sit down with and talk to people I've
        > only known through email or IM, or through their show up to this
        > point. It was really great, totally blew away my expectations.
        > Godwilling, I'm going to make an effort to get to DragonCon (Atlanta,
        > right?) next year, too.
        >
        > If you didn't go to the expo this year, you totally missed out. Try
        > and make it next year, I hear it's supposed to be EVEN MORE of a
        > blast!
        >
        > J. Marcus Xavier from the Silent Universe

      • Variant Frequencies Podcast
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2 4:49 AM
          I had a great time hanging out with you and all of the others. It was such a
          good opportunity to connect with people. I learned a lot from the sessions
          and from just being with all those other podcasters.

          The only bad part for me was my trip home. Fifteen hours in airports and on
          airplanes is not my idea of a good time.

          Rick
          Variant Frequencies
          http://www.variantfrequencies.com

          On 10/1/06 4:59 PM, "marcxavier2001" <jmx@...> wrote:

          > Hey folks,
          >
          > I just wanted to drop a message and say thanks to everyone I had the
          > privlige to meet and hang with at the podcast expo. I'm not going to
          > name-drop in a cheesy attempt to get attention or anything like that,
          > but the expo was definitely an educational and eye-opening experience.
          > I feel like I understand the podcasting world so much better after
          > getting a chance to actually sit down with and talk to people I've
          > only known through email or IM, or through their show up to this
          > point. It was really great, totally blew away my expectations.
          > Godwilling, I'm going to make an effort to get to DragonCon (Atlanta,
          > right?) next year, too.
          >
          > If you didn't go to the expo this year, you totally missed out. Try
          > and make it next year, I hear it's supposed to be EVEN MORE of a blast!
          >
          > J. Marcus Xavier from the Silent Universe

        • Kevin Crossman
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2 7:15 AM
            Tim discussed doing a concert and film festival Saturday evening,
            which I think will be great! The Sunday portion will be 1/2 day.

            Kevin Crossman
            The Frat Pack Tribute: Saluting Hollywood's Comedy Clique
            www.the-frat-pack.com
            Listen to our Podcast at www.fratpackpodcast.com