Editing Advice

  • johnderegrn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2006
      Hi all,

      I new to podcasting and have been reading some previous posts and
      had a few questions.

      I am an instructor at a technical college and would love to record
      my lectures and make them available for future classes and current
      students to review from.

      One of my questions is; Does anyone have any experience/preference
      for a wireless mic? Given I dont have a mixer or the such, for right
      now all I have is a notebook with a soundcard and an audio recording
      program(s).

      My biggest question is editing software. I have Audacity and
      Castblaster available to me.
      Which would be better to record the lectures? and later edit
      silences, "uhms", etc. and later place in sound effects?

      Hopefully soon this will get up and running, then I'll be able to
      start my podcast of a different subject.

      Thanks for any and all information..
      -Chris
    • George L Smyth
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        --- johnderegrn <johnderegrn@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        [clip]
        > My biggest question is editing software. I have Audacity and
        > Castblaster available to me.
        > Which would be better to record the lectures? and later edit
        > silences, "uhms", etc. and later place in sound effects?

        Chris -

        I don't know about Castblaster, but this is a very easy edit in Audacity - just
        select the portion in the waveform you want to remove and hit the Delete key.

        Cheers -

        george

        Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com