Podcast software?

  • mteachme
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm a newbie and I look forward to exchanging information and
      experiences.

      I am considering migrating to Adobe Audition 2.0 and I was wondering
      if anyone here has experiences using Audition? I currently
      produce "Chicago Acoustic Underground" using ProTools, but I hate it's
      proprietary hardware environment. I have Yamaha AW-4416 DAW with
      awesome built in pre-amps and tons of audio toys with an adat
      interface and, of course, I can't use it with ProFools. We feature the
      best of Chicago's Singer/Songwriters in a radio interview format and
      while most of the time I only need two tracks, now we are getting
      requests from 4 and 5 piece groups and I would like to use the "AW" on
      the front end of the process. Any opinions?

      Peace,

      Michael Teach
    • Tim Patterson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2006
        Hi Michael,

        I highly recommend Adobe Audition - I've used the program since it was Cool
        Edit (before it turned 'Pro'!). Many bells and whistles, easy multi-tracking
        and mixing, lots of plug-ins and capabilities - I've tried other recording
        software and have ALWAYS returned to it. In fact, last year I even recorded
        a 12 song demo with drums, guitars, vocals, etc - all raw, overdubbing each
        track in real time..can't say enough about it.

        Even though I'm an old radio dawg, I never was a guy to grok all the names
        and capabilities of all the pre-amps, compressors, and other in-line audio
        gear, so I don't know how all that will affect your use of Adobe - I just
        know it has a lot of capability and is worth a try.

        Enjoy,

        Podcast Marketing Coach :: Tim 'Gonzo' Gordon

        Learn to Podcast: PodcastingAdventuresOnline.com
        <http://www.podcastingadventuresonline.com/>

        Podcast for $$: PodcastProfitCaseStudies.com
        <http://www.podcastprofitcasestudies.com/>

        Home Recording: <http://www.digitalaudioworld.com/> DigitalAudioWorld.com

        <http://www.digitalaudioworld.blogspot.com/> BizBlog ~~
        <http://www.timgonzogordon.com/blog/> Gonzo Blog ~~
        <http://www.digitalaudioworld.com/tim-gonzo-gordon-podcast-show.html>
        Podcast!

        503-589-4494 | Wireless: 503-507-4110

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
          At 12:40 AM 9/30/2006, you wrote:
          >I highly recommend Adobe Audition - I've used the program since it was Cool
          >Edit (before it turned 'Pro'!).
          <snip>

          I just noticed this as I was looking around the web to compare
          Audition and Sound Forge 8.
          ----------------------------
          September 29, 2006
          Podcast Best of Show Award

          I'm happy to announce that Audition has won the Podcast and Portable
          Media Expo Best of Show award for PC Audio Editing Software for the
          second year in a row!
          ----------------------------

          If you want to see the source:

          <http://blogs.adobe.com/hartshafer/>

          Also I noticed this PDF on why Audition is great for podcasters:

          <http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/pdfs/audition_podcasting_0406.pdf>

          I haven't read it yet and I have no connection to Adobe (wish I did
          to get a discount). Actually I'm still shopping and comparing to
          Sound Forge 8. If anyone has any comments on that comparison I would
          like to hear them.

          I have been reading rave review about Ozone 3. But since it's a
          plugin, it's necessary to buy some other program first. Does anyone
          have recommendations on the most economical way to get a program that
          will run Ozone 3?

          Any comments on relative merits and values of these different editors
          or the different options to come out with a professional quality
          audio recording would be appreciated.

          Thanks,
          Matt
        • George L Smyth
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
            --- Tim Patterson <gonzodex@...> wrote:

            > Hi Michael,
            >

            > I highly recommend Adobe Audition
            [clip]

            I think that if you can afford it, then this is the way to go - it's the
            Photoshop of sound editing. If you can't afford it (like me) then it is a good
            idea to save a little money each week (like me) so that eventually you will be
            able to afford it.

            Cheers -

            george

            -------------------------------------

            Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
          • Crash
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
              I would also Suggest if you don't have $300 bucks, but still want more then
              just a free basic recorder and Editor Like Audacity, you can look at.

              Propaganda - http://www.makepropaganda.com/

              Which allows you a few more options, and even lets you upload directly to
              your server ( or straight to Libsyn) and it's only $50

              --

              Marrcus "Crash" Beattie