Re: [podcasters] Video Podcasting

  • Patrick Cook
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13, 2005
      Hi everyone:

      At 04:16 AM 2/12/2005, you wrote:

      >I'm just trying out my first video podcast, and - although the editing seems
      >pretty straightforward once it is in the computer in a comprehensible file
      >format - I'd be grateful for some tips at the camera end. This is for my
      >"Off The Beaten Track" programme, and the idea is to use an audio podcast as
      >the sound track to a video version.

      Check out Trucker Tom's Movie Reviews @
      http://tomsmoviereviews.blogspot.com/ He does his mostly using (I think!)
      a webcam and a program to insert graphics and such.

      >Could anyone advise on good tools to convert a .VRO file structure into
      >something that I can edit in e.g., Windows Movie Maker.
      >
      >This seems to be a bit of a black art.

      Why don't you just simply save it to AVI or MPEG-1 format?

      >What do you think about videos on feeds - should they be put on a single
      >feed or a separate one?

      Definately a seperate one. Makes for easier management for both producer
      and catcher.

      As for what I think of them, I look at it this way. You may not be able to
      get video on an iPod, but you can DEFINATELY get video on a Pocket PC or
      Palm Pilot. And with WiFi becoming more and more readily available, it
      won't be long now before there are PODCASTERS standing on the street. :)

      Of course, the problem with video is that someone else has to tag along to
      be the one holding the camcorder (that is unless you don't want to look
      like you're "giving it away" to any hobo who comes along) :)

      Just my opinion :)

      Patrick Cook
      pchamster@...
      Denver, Colorado