Podcast Guild meeting at the Expo

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2006
      Hi all,

      I mentioned this briefly in an earlier message, but it was at the
      bottom of a long train of legal and trademark geekery, so I can't
      blame anyone who might've missed it. And I have more details now.

      The rest of this post is about the Podcast Guild. For information on
      the Guild and its mission, you can see our Web site:
      http://www.podcastguild.org

      The vision in brief is that it's to be a sort of trade association and
      advocacy group for independent podcasting. We welcome companies who
      provide services for podcasters, but it's primarily about individuals
      making podcasts. The planning process started last December in a
      blaze of energy and then faded early in the year, and the group's been
      moribund lately. A few people have been committed to keeping it going
      (frankly, I've been terrible at staying active myself) but they can't
      do it by themselves. And as some recent events have shown, a
      non-profit group in the U.S. that can represent podcasters and provide
      various forms of assistance may be very useful to all of us.

      So.

      The Podcast Guild is going to have an organizational meeting at the
      Expo. The time will be Friday at 11:30 AM. The meeting will take
      place in Podcast Ready's executive suite. I don't know the suite
      number yet, but I should have that information sometime on Thursday.
      If you'd like to attend, please e-mail me with your cellphone number,
      and I'll send you an SMS message with the suite number. If you're
      interested but won't be at PME, send me an e-mail too and I'll make
      sure you're on our mailing list and get the recording of the meeting.

      Because the suite will only comfortably hold 10 or 15 people, please
      contact me about attendance *only* if you are genuinely interested in
      the Guild and (provided the outcome of the meeting is satisfactory)
      you would be willing and able to commit some work to it in the
      immediate future. What we really need right now is active and
      enthusiastic workers. People who are interested simply in membership
      will be welcome and essential down the road, but that's not what this
      meeting is for. This meeting is to administer an electric shock to
      bring the Guild back to life and vitality, and we need people with
      that sort of energy.

      If that sounds like fun to you and you want to give it a shot, I look
      forward to your e-mail. Thanks.

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Evo Terra
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2006
        Stephen Eley wrote:
        > The Podcast Guild is going to have an organizational meeting at the
        > Expo. The time will be Friday at 11:30 AM.

        Shit. I'm leading the unconference talk on "Going Beyond Two Guys and a
        Microphone" at the Podango booth at 11:25, so I can't make it.

        But someone take notes and clue me in. I think the Guild is a great idea
        and want to throw my support behind it.

        E.

        Evo Terra | Podiobooks.com
        Free serialized audio books, delivered on your schedule.
      • Paul Puri
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2006
          But someone take notes and clue me in. I think the Guild is a great idea
          and want to throw my support behind it.

          It will be recorded. I will make sure you know where to get it from. The link should be posted in the group.

          Paul Puri

          Listen to Podcasts. No iPod necessary!
          Visit the Podcast Guild for more info.
          http://podcastguild.org/