Re: [podcasters] Damaged Wav file?

  • andrew clarke
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
      On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 03:25:10PM -0000, Richard j Smith wrote:

      > I want to thank you all for the help you have giving me in
      > developing my podcast studio. I have just created my first podcast
      > using All2wav. But when I try to play it in Winamp it says that the
      > file is damaged? I was wondering if maybe I converted it to a mp3
      > it will work, but when I run it in media converter it tells me it
      > doesn't work to fix it. Other then re-recording it, is there a way
      > to fix a damaged wav file? I mean I can listen to it in a wav
      > player but not in Winamp or WMP 10. Help.

      Well, Winamp and WMP are WAV players, so there must be something unusual
      about the WAV file you've created. You didn't say what you created it
      with though, or what player you're using that will successfully play it,
      so it's hard to recommend any specific action to take, but if you can
      play it at all then you can (in theory) re-record it using the method
      described at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters/message/4 where I
      talk about recording the sound made by other Windows applications.

      > Also is there a real good FREE wav to mp3 converter?

      RazorLame
      http://www.dors.de/razorlame/

      Regards
      Andrew