Re: [podcasters] podcasting on cell phones and Sirius

  • Brian Noe
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      There's an entire lineup of Podcasts on Sirius Stars Channel 102 under the
      auspices of Podshow. The block airs Monday through Friday from 6 to 10 PM
      Eastern, and includes several shows under contract to Podshow (Daily Source
      Code, Pacific Coast Hellway, Digital Flotsam, Dawn and Drew, Madge, CC
      Chapman, Michael Butler, etc.), and some independent Podcasts as well
      (Wichita, my show, etc.).

      There's also a rotating guest slot in the lineup on Tuesday evenings.

      I know that some in the Podcasting community eschew the idea of taking "new
      media" products and distributing them through Sirius, but I know that it has
      really helped to build the audience for my Frank Truth show, and I've gotten
      many new subscribers to the Podcast who first found the show through the
      Sirius broadcast.

      It's also helped me become more disciplined in the production of my shows,
      knowing that P-Dub will kick my ass if I fail to deliver a quality program
      to him on deadline each week.

      Brian
      http://noebie.com