Can you help me pick a podcast name?

  • kateharperdesigns
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
      I am starting a podcast but I need some feedback on what to call it.

      Subject is: witty kid quotes.

      For example, a quote might be one of the following:

      -They lived happily ever after and then they had to go to work. (Age 4)
      -I wonder sometimes if we give God a headache (Age 8).
      -You know it was a good day if you didn't hit or bite anyone. (Age 4)
      -If your dog doesn't like somebody maybe you shouldn't either. (Age 8)

      My problems:

      1. I'd like to call it "kid quote of the day" but I don't want to be
      tied to broadcasting one everyday--so I'm not sure if that would
      misrepresent my show.

      2. I DON'T want the name to sound cute, like it's just a "kid
      show"--the quotes are aimed to be funny/witty to adult listeners, not
      kids.
      I'm afraid if I just call it "KId Quotes"--people will think it's just
      for kids.

      The plan is a one minute show, and I want my title to be clear and simple.

      What should I call it? I need some feedback. Help.

      BTW/FYI I am a greeting card publisher of kid quotes. These are real
      quotes by real kids who have been submitted to me.

      THANKS A MILLION!

      Kate
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
        On 8/2/06, kateharperdesigns <kidquotes@...> wrote:

        > I'm afraid if I just call it "KId Quotes"--people will think it's just
        > for kids.

        That works fine for me, actually.

        Or maybe Kid Wisdom. (Kidsdom?)

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • jasonvanorden
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
          I think having "Kid Quotes" in the title is a good idea because that's
          what it is. I'm a fan using a title that means something when you look
          at it. You immediately have an idea of what to expect.

          This becomes important for getting noticed in podcasting directories.
          Your title only has a few seconds to give someone an idea of what your
          show is about and convince them to click and check it out.

          Best of luck,

          Jason Van Orden
          Author, Promoting Your Podcast
          Download a free excerpt now:
          http://www.promotingyourpodcast.com

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "kateharperdesigns" <kidquotes@...>
          wrote:

          > I am starting a podcast but I need some feedback on what to call it.

        • Andy Bilodeau
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
            On 8/2/06, kateharperdesigns <kidquotes@...> wrote:

            > I am starting a podcast but I need some feedback on what to call it.
            >
            > Subject is: witty kid quotes.
            >
            > For example, a quote might be one of the following:
            >
            > -They lived happily ever after and then they had to go to work. (Age 4)
            > -I wonder sometimes if we give God a headache (Age 8).
            > -You know it was a good day if you didn't hit or bite anyone. (Age 4)
            > -If your dog doesn't like somebody maybe you shouldn't either. (Age 8)
            >
            > My problems:
            >
            > 1. I'd like to call it "kid quote of the day" but I don't want to be
            > tied to broadcasting one everyday--so I'm not sure if that would
            > misrepresent my show.
            >
            > 2. I DON'T want the name to sound cute, like it's just a "kid
            > show"--the quotes are aimed to be funny/witty to adult listeners, not
            > kids.
            > I'm afraid if I just call it "KId Quotes"--people will think it's just
            > for kids.
            >
            > The plan is a one minute show, and I want my title to be clear and simple.
            >
            > What should I call it? I need some feedback. Help.
            >
            > BTW/FYI I am a greeting card publisher of kid quotes. These are real
            > quotes by real kids who have been submitted to me.
            >
            > THANKS A MILLION!
            >
            > Kate

            Hi Kate,

            What about something like :

            "From out of the mouths of babes...."

            --
            Andy Bilodeau
            PodCaster

            The AndyCast PodCast
            You'll laugh 'til you stop!
            http://www.andycast.net
            Skype : andybilodeau

          • John Havens
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
              Hi Kate,

              Ideas:

              -Kid Quips.
              -Kidding Quotes.
              -Wittikidms.
              -Kidding Quota.

              Hope that helps and best of luck. Great idea!
              John C. Havens

              On Aug 2, 2006, at 9:11 PM, kateharperdesigns wrote:

              > I am starting a podcast but I need some feedback on what to call it.
              >
              > Subject is: witty kid quotes.
              >
              > For example, a quote might be one of the following:
              >
              > -They lived happily ever after and then they had to go to work.
              > (Age 4)
              > -I wonder sometimes if we give God a headache (Age 8).
              > -You know it was a good day if you didn't hit or bite anyone. (Age 4)
              > -If your dog doesn't like somebody maybe you shouldn't either. (Age 8)
              >
              > My problems:
              >
              > 1. I'd like to call it "kid quote of the day" but I don't want to be
              > tied to broadcasting one everyday--so I'm not sure if that would
              > misrepresent my show.
              >
              > 2. I DON'T want the name to sound cute, like it's just a "kid
              > show"--the quotes are aimed to be funny/witty to adult listeners, not
              > kids.
              > I'm afraid if I just call it "KId Quotes"--people will think it's just
              > for kids.
              >
              > The plan is a one minute show, and I want my title to be clear and
              > simple.
              >
              > What should I call it? I need some feedback. Help.
              >
              > BTW/FYI I am a greeting card publisher of kid quotes. These are real
              > quotes by real kids who have been submitted to me.
              >
              > THANKS A MILLION!
              >
              > Kate

              John C. Havens
              About Podcasting
              http://podcasting.about.com
              podcasting.guide@...

              www.About.com
              About.com is part of The New York Times Company

            • Todd Daniel
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
                Magic Moments
                Kid Watch
                The World According To Kids
                Kid Krap
                It¹s A Kids World
                Quotes by Kids
                Child Chuckles
                Kiddy Quips
                Can¹t Believe They Said It
                Say It Again, Kid
                Quips From Kids
                Kids With Wit
                Diaper Diatribes
                Diarrhea Diary

                Okay, I¹m rapidly going downhill. Maybe I should quit now.

                Sincerely,

                The Goose