Re: [podcasters] Alesis Multimix Firewire mixers

  • Shawn Thorpe
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2006
      I've been using an Alesis Multimix 8 for a few months now, and I really like
      it. You can use each input strip on the Multimix as a track in your DAW
      software (I use Garageband), or you can create stereo pairs. The Multimix
      has mic pre's and phantom power built-in, so you can connect all kinds of
      audio sources. You can also use the Multimix as a stand-alone analog
      mixer. It does have some built-in effects, but unfortunately, you can't use
      them while recording with the unit. Feel free to e-mail me off-list if you
      have any specific questions, and I'll try to help you out.

      -Shawn