Re: unchanged feed but listeners experiencing repeat downloads

  • Charles Hodgson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...>
      wrote:
      > Charles -
      >
      > I see that your feed is coming directly from Libsyn, so I am
      wondering if you
      > have changed anything recently. I use Libsyn and point to it from
      Feedburner.
      ...I don't know if this is a Libsyn or Feedburner
      > thing, but was assuming the latter.

      Thanks George
      When I started I was too inexperienced to understand tying into
      Feedburner. I haven't changed anything in at least a year for fear
      of breaking what seemed to be working. My only unconventional quirk
      is that I publicize http://www.podictionary.com/rss and have a
      redirect there to http://podictionary.libsyn.com/rss. I did this
      thinking it was safer to own my rss domain, but I think the result
      is that some podcatchers resolve to the libsyn address and some
      don't so I have a mix out there in listener land. This can't be
      related to the repeat download issue.