Re: Re: [podcasters] Has anyone else shown up on Wordcast?

  • Jason Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      How do you get listed?

      Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote: On 7/31/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:
      > I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
      > music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
      > Wordcast you speak of?

      He probably means Audible's podcasting site:

      I just checked, and I'm listed there too. It looks to be just YAPD
      (Yet Another Podcasting Directory) -- albeit with a broken search
      engine. I can browse to my listing from their category tree, but
      searching on "Escape Pod" doesn't find it. It seems that they finally
      have a podcatching client integrated with their software, too, though
      details on the whole thing are a bit sparse.

      It doesn't bother me at all, of course. If they were charging people
      to listen or sticking commercials in, that would be another story.
      But listing us? That's exactly what I want directories to do.

      Jason <----- the one without the cool sounding name

      The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason