PodCamp Boston VENUE ANNOUNCED

  • [chrisbrogan.com]
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      [0] <http://podcamp.org/>
      Sept 9-10, 2006 Bunker Hill Community College, Boston. (Venue Sponsored
      by the Museum of Science, Boston)

      Podcamp Boston is a FREE unconference in the tradition of BarCamp, and
      will be held on September 9th and 10th, 2006, at the Bunker Hill
      Community College (sponsored by the Museum of Science, Boston),
      accessible by public transportation, and readily reachable via the
      train. Podcamp is FREE to attend. (You find your way here, get a room or
      ask us for a list of folks who might let you crash, and we'll feed you
      and entertain you for a few days).

      SIGN UP: http://podcamp.org <http://podcamp.org/>
      The first 200 registrants are guaranteed a free shirt, and any other
      interesting free schwag we find along the way.

      THE DEAL: An unConference means that the participants are also the
      experts. We're audio and video podcasters, enthusiasts, businesspeople,
      hobbyists, musicians, promoters, marketers, and people who generally
      want to understand more about the new media space. The power of an
      unconference is you get FREE ACCESS to ideas, thoughts, best practices,
      and the true "wisdom of crowds" simply by registering and attending.

      We urge you to consider signing up to give a 5 minute lightning talk
      about your experience with podcasts (viewing/listening), or a 30 minute
      session if you've got enough material. Really shy or too new to the
      space? Try signing up for a Round Table Discussion and just let the
      others start off the conversation before you join in.

      BRING YOUR GEAR: We'll be doing lots of hands-on learning at this event,
      including how-to's on recording techniques, editing skills, video
      composition, podsafe music, and plenty more. There's a whole section on
      the Podcamp.org <http://podcamp.org/> website showing SESSIONS
      <http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/BostonSessions> . I'm bad at math, but it
      looked like over 20 sessions are set up now. Don't see what you want to
      know? Request the session. Have something to add that we haven't
      considered? Throw it up there. Oh, and as for bringing your gear, if you
      want to have some kind of gear swap, we're set up for that, too.

      BUNKER HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE: PodCamp Boston will be held at Bunker
      Hill Community College <http://www.bhcc.mass.edu/> . We have access to a
      few large areas to assemble, with sessions being held in smaller
      classroom areas. It's local enough to everything that you can ride a
      train, take a bus, get a cab. It's VERY accessible to folks either
      coming from far away or locally. There's parking, as well.

      VENUE SPONSOR: The event's venue was sponsored by the Museum of Science,
      Boston <http://mos.org/> , who's made a strong commitment to the new
      media space. Did you know they have their own Podcast
      <http://www.mos.org/cst/> ? Our venue isn't that far from the Museum.
      Seeing as you'll be in town anyway, come on by and give your thanks to
      this great institution for making our venue possible. (If you don't have
      time to visit, drop them email. Go to http://mos.org <http://mos.org/>
      ).

      SIGN UP: http://podcamp.org <http://podcamp.org/>

      SPREAD THE WORD: If you've already signed up, thanks! Please spread this
      around and get the word out. This event is the kind you DON'T want to
      miss, and I imagine some of your friends won't want to miss it, either.
      We're hoping you can attend this landmark experience.

      SPONSORS: If you're a business sponsor and are interested in being known
      as a supporter of new media and technology, please consider sponsoring
      <http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/BostonSponsors> in one of the many ways we
      have available to you to show your support.

      THIS EVENT IS ABOUT YOU: Come to PodCamp Boston on Sept 9-10th, to a
      FREE unConference, and learn how you can get involved in the new media
      revolution.

      SIGN UP: http://podcamp.org <http://podcamp.org/>

      --Chris Brogan...
      Co-Founder and Organizer