Re: [podcasters] Has anyone else shown up on Wordcast?

  • Matthew Wayne Selznick
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
      I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
      music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
      Wordcast you speak of?

      --
      Matthew Wayne Selznick
      ++++++++++++++++++

      "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
      http://www.bravemenrun.com

      "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
      http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

      MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
      http://www.mwsmedia.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
        On 7/31/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:
        > I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
        > music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
        > Wordcast you speak of?

        He probably means Audible's podcasting site:

        http://wordcast.audible.com

        I just checked, and I'm listed there too. It looks to be just YAPD
        (Yet Another Podcasting Directory) -- albeit with a broken search
        engine. I can browse to my listing from their category tree, but
        searching on "Escape Pod" doesn't find it. It seems that they finally
        have a podcatching client integrated with their software, too, though
        details on the whole thing are a bit sparse.

        It doesn't bother me at all, of course. If they were charging people
        to listen or sticking commercials in, that would be another story.
        But listing us? That's exactly what I want directories to do.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Jason Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
          How do you get listed?

          Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote: On 7/31/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:
          > I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
          > music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
          > Wordcast you speak of?

          He probably means Audible's podcasting site:

          http://wordcast.audible.com

          I just checked, and I'm listed there too. It looks to be just YAPD
          (Yet Another Podcasting Directory) -- albeit with a broken search
          engine. I can browse to my listing from their category tree, but
          searching on "Escape Pod" doesn't find it. It seems that they finally
          have a podcatching client integrated with their software, too, though
          details on the whole thing are a bit sparse.

          It doesn't bother me at all, of course. If they were charging people
          to listen or sticking commercials in, that would be another story.
          But listing us? That's exactly what I want directories to do.

          http://www.escapepod.org

          Jason <----- the one without the cool sounding name

          The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
          YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

          http//:www.thehalfshow.libsyn.com
          http//:www.thehalfshow.com