Has anyone else shown up on Wordcast?

  • crypticbrindle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
      I maybe late to the party, but does anyone know if Wordcast is pulling feeds from other
      podcatchers? I just found my show on their site, but I never submitted a feed to them. I'm
      not angry, just a little confused.

      Chris Gondek
      The Invisible Hand
    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
        I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
        music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
        Wordcast you speak of?

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        ++++++++++++++++++

        "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
        http://www.bravemenrun.com

        "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
        http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

        MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
        http://www.mwsmedia.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
          On 7/31/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:
          > I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
          > music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
          > Wordcast you speak of?

          He probably means Audible's podcasting site:

          http://wordcast.audible.com

          I just checked, and I'm listed there too. It looks to be just YAPD
          (Yet Another Podcasting Directory) -- albeit with a broken search
          engine. I can browse to my listing from their category tree, but
          searching on "Escape Pod" doesn't find it. It seems that they finally
          have a podcatching client integrated with their software, too, though
          details on the whole thing are a bit sparse.

          It doesn't bother me at all, of course. If they were charging people
          to listen or sticking commercials in, that would be another story.
          But listing us? That's exactly what I want directories to do.

          http://www.escapepod.org
        • Jason Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
            How do you get listed?

            Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote: On 7/31/06, Matthew Wayne Selznick <mwselznick@...> wrote:
            > I tried .net, .com, and .org. One doesn't exist. One's a christian
            > music site. The other's some kind of indie movie. What is this
            > Wordcast you speak of?

            He probably means Audible's podcasting site:

            http://wordcast.audible.com

            I just checked, and I'm listed there too. It looks to be just YAPD
            (Yet Another Podcasting Directory) -- albeit with a broken search
            engine. I can browse to my listing from their category tree, but
            searching on "Escape Pod" doesn't find it. It seems that they finally
            have a podcatching client integrated with their software, too, though
            details on the whole thing are a bit sparse.

            It doesn't bother me at all, of course. If they were charging people
            to listen or sticking commercials in, that would be another story.
            But listing us? That's exactly what I want directories to do.

            http://www.escapepod.org

            Jason <----- the one without the cool sounding name

            The Half Show with Me-saj & Jason
            YOUR INTERNET ENTERTAINMENT SOURCE FOR NEW TALENT

            http//:www.thehalfshow.libsyn.com
            http//:www.thehalfshow.com