Hands on Podcasting

  • Dan Kuykendall
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2006
      Figured I would go ahead and pimp my podcast again since this "Hands on
      Series" is still a new concept and Im really interesting in seeing how
      well I can do it.

      The idea is that I do a podcast recording, but I do it so that you fully
      benefit by being at the computer and following along with the show notes
      and hackme site.
      I provide nice cut and paste strings to use while your following along
      and get to see the results of hacking a website for yourself.

      http://www.mightyseek.com/category/podcasts/hands-on-series/

      Anyone else doing something similar?
      Any thoughts on how I can improve my end result?

      --
      Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
      http://www.mightyseek.com

      In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
      Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.

    • Martin McKeay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29, 2006
        If you're at all curious about computer security and some of the
        tricks the bad guys are using to attack your sites, Dan's stuff is
        great! Dan walks you through trying real Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
        attacks on his own servers.

        This is the real thing, with the code laid out for you to see and he
        explains how the attacks work. I have yet to see any other podcast do
        something even similar to what he's done.

        Martin
        (Yes, Dan's a friend of mine, but that doesn't negate anything I've said above)

        --
        Martin McKeay, CISSP, CCNA
        The Network Security Podcast