Re: [podcasters] Podcast googling?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
      On 7/28/06, Flyswatter <luara.mom@...> wrote:

      > As a podcast listener for a year and podcast producer for 1.5 months,
      > I sometimes search for information from a podcast rather than from
      > text links, especially if I am sort of pressed for time and can take
      > it away to listen on my iPod when I am driving.

      You're right that Google isn't great for this sort of thing. Yahoo
      has a podcast search feature that may be useful (click on "Audio"
      above the search box on the main page, and when the hits come back you
      can click on "Podcasts" to narrow it down), and Podscope.com and
      Podzinger.com both have search engines that will let you search inside
      the *audio* of a file. The technology isn't 100% there yet, but it
      may help you find things you wouldn't have otherwise.

      Best of luck to you and my sympathies for your dad. I hope you find
      the information you're looking for. (And I hope that his faith in an
      exotic foreign cure isn't so strong that its failure will cause him
      more pain... But that's *way* off topic here, and I imagine your
      threshold of tolerance for other people's opinions is probably pretty
      low right now.)

      http://www.escapepod.org
    • Flyswatter
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2006
        I completely agree. His doctors say he won't live but he's already
        spent over $60,000 on complicated and invasive alternative cures with
        no result. I wish him luck but if and when he dies (because face it,
        he's going to die someday as he's well into his 70s), what will my mom
        live on? But that's another story.

        --
        Laura Ross

        The Coffee And Tea Show podcast