Losing the will to live ?

  • Jon Jacob
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28 6:27 AM
      Most people will look on this posting as foolish, but I've always
      figured that being upfront is a good thing hence why I'm emailing.

      I'm wondering whether someone (or many people) might be interested
      in performing a critique, not just on the Thoroughly Good Podcast,
      but perhaps go some way to help me understand why it is that
      downloads have been so incredibly low over the past month and a
      half.

      It seems that Eurovision still figures pretty highly in people's
      minds as that content is what is getting downloaded the most. That's
      encouraging and, to a certain extent, quite disappointing as well
      because obviosuly Thoroughly Good isn't just about Eurovision.

      The website is currently undergoing some redevelopment but for the
      time being I've offered a non-RSS series to cover the BBC's Proms
      season. I don't expect to see many downloads for that anyway because
      its not RSSed.

      But I can't help wondering why it is that the rest of the shows seem
      to be performing so badly.

      If anyone can shed some light or possibly even share some thoughts
      on how to progress I'd be grateful.

      Jon Jacob
    • Gregg Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28 8:29 AM
        Jon, I think most shows' downloads go down in the summertime... Makes
        sense, I guess - it's why TV goes into repeats and old time radio
        invented the Summer Replacement series.... though I'm not sure what
        you mean by "incredibly low"... that does sound pretty dramatic. Just
        puttin' that out there...

        cheers,
        Gregg