Clarification...

  • Kevin Devin
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 25, 2006
      I know this topic has come up before, but I'm trying to get my head around
      it once more.

      Can someone please point in the right direction as to where and why it has
      been accepted as standard practice to maintain multiple feeds -- one for the
      podcast, one for a text blog? Especially when 90% of podcasts typically
      utilize a blog for bringing new podcasts to the world.

      Is it on behalf of the listener? is it on behalf of the software being used
      by the listener? is it on behalf of the directories? Why does or should it
      matter?

      Appreciate all input.

      -KHD

      --
      Kevin H. Devin
      In the Trenches podcast

    • Dennis Hays
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 25, 2006
        Hello Kevin,

        snipped....................
        > Todd's expectations aren't realistic for the size of his site.

        > Perhaps my thinking that RSS is simply RSS isn't realistic. :-)

        > I just can't help but feel that to produce content you have to maintain a
        > level of geekdome to accomplish. It shouldn't take 3-4 different
        > applications or services to produce content and likewise consume it.

        > Again... purely MY opinion.

        > Thanks for the input Dennis!

        You're welcome!

        For my purposes, I'd love to have a multi-column, multi-blog main
        page. One column carrying the podcast and the other for a text blog.
        Unfortunately, that may mean two RSS feeds, which may be difficult to
        implement and use for aggregators. I dunno... just thinking with my
        fingers here.

        Dennis

        -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
        Dennis Hays
        http://www.haysdesign.com
        Secrets of Digital Imaging
        http://www.imagingsecrets.com
        Photo News Today
        http://photonewstoday.com
        The Blues and Jazz Show
        http://bluesandjazz.thepodcastnetwork.com
        Sent on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 6:06 PM USA Eastern
        ICQ: 200045507 / AIM: edennishays
        yahoo: dennishays / Jabber: dennishays