setup for Skype, ProTools, and how to implement headset?

  • Fred McKinnon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2006
      IMPT: I get the digest version, but need to get some quick replies -
      so if you choose to reply, PLEASE cc; your reply directly to
      "hppenterprises .... @ ... gmail.com".

      THANKS!

      Hey -
      I'm recording some conference calls with Skype. Up to now, they have
      been "listen only" conference calls.

      Now, I'll actually be doing some inteviews, though. I've been
      recording via ProTools.

      Currently, the audio output of my Mac goes directly into one of the
      inputs on my ProToosl recording interface. I monitor all "system
      sounds" and "audio output" of the Mac through my ProTools system that way.

      I was about to purchase a good headset - but in doing so, I would
      either have to plug the mic into the input, and leave the headset jack
      unconnected (because I need the audio going into ProTools).

      But if I do that - I'm sure while I'm monitoring via the speakers that
      I'd get feedback through the headset mic going into the computer.

      I suppose I could get a little "splitter" to split the audio out ...
      like a "Y-cable" ... which I could send audio to the headset ... and
      also send audio out of the Mac into ProTools (and of course, have the
      monitoring volume turned OFF during the recording) ...

      but is there a "better way"? Am I missing something?

      Thanks
      FRED