Re: [podcasters] How to change feed in Odeo & Gcast to accomodate iTunes category changes

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      On 7/7/06, Britt Bravo <britt@...> wrote:
      > Hi! A podcast I work on for a nonprofit is hosted on Odeo and my own
      > podcast is hosted on Gcast (if I could do it over again I would choose
      > Libsyn, believe me). Does anyone have a suggestion for how to edit
      > the RSS feeds to accomodate the iTunes category changes? As far as I can
      > tell, that is not an option and I can't access the feed to edit it.

      Those two providers should, if they know what they're doing, implement
      the new categories within a few days or weeks. Meanwhile, your
      podcast won't break -- Apple has its own mappings from the old
      categories to the new ones, and has said that they will use them for
      at least the next several months.

      http://www.escapepod.org