Re: I Love Libsyn

  • Tony Marino
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 6, 2006
      Hello John!

      Thanks a ton for the wonderful opportunity!

      I would be delighted to meet with you!

      We have a number of client choices to choose from, too!

      Give me jingle at America Web Works: 866-824-9684

      I look forward to hearing for you!

      Make it a great Thursday,

      Tony

      --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, John Havens <johnchavens@...>

      http://www.podcastmediaservices.com/podcast_solutions.htm#production

> [...]
      > > > frankly had they not showed up one the scene when they did,
      > > podcasting would
      > > > not be what it is today. I admire what they have done and what
      > > they continue
      > > > to do because quite frankly they only care about one thing and
      > > that is
      > > > moving audio.
      > > >
      > > > Delivering Audio is very important to me, sure a lot of
      companies
      > > are
      > > > opening up offering un-metered bandwidth but just like any
      other
      > > deal there
      > > > is usually a catch! I have checked out a lot of services and
      very
      > > few allow
      > > > me to load up my FTP client, upload my show, and be done with
      it.
      > > Most of
      > > > them want you to host your show on an extension of their
      website,
      > > drop ads
      > > > in your podcast, control your RSS feed along with a variety of
      > > other schemes
      > > > that in my opinion do not have the podcasters long term
      interest
      > > at heart.
      > > > "That to me is called lock in".
      > > >
      > > > The only companies that will get my attention on audio hosting
      are
      > > those
      > > > that allow me to drop of my audio file off and deliver it to my
      > > listeners
      > > > via a link from on my own .com website. That is the extent of
      the
      > > > relationship I want to have with an audio host. I host my own
      > > branded
      > > > website that terminates at my .com, if I choose to have my show
      > > listed on a
      > > > secondary site giving me a second point of presence I can be
      > > guaranteed that
      > > > if that company gets to many customers like me, and breaks the
      > > 80/20 rule,
      > > > and goes out of business my show will still be intact at
      > > GeekNewsCentral.com
      > > > with my branding.
      > > >
      > > > When we launch Blubrry.com you will see my show listed over
      there,
      > > but it
      > > > will be as a second point of presence whereas if blubrry.com
      does
      > > not get
      > > > the traction we think it will, I will still have my own website
      > > and show
      > > > branding to fall back to. Today I am extremely confident that I
      > > can drop my
      > > > file of with Libsyn at midnight HST then wake up 6 hours later
      and
      > > know that
      > > > 50% of my audience has downloaded the file, and have it on
      their
      > > iPods. I
      > > > have produced a 181 shows with about 150 of them hosted on
      Libsyn.
      > > I can
      > > > only count maybe one or two times that I have had to resort to
      > > backup
      > > > server while they were having some issues. But without fail
      they
      > > have
      > > > delivered my content like clockwork.
      > > >
      > > > My personal show is a commercial podcast, and has had
      continuous
      > > sponsors
      > > > for the past 12 months, having recently signed for another 6
      > > months with
      > > > GoDaddy and other advertising vendors it will remain a
      commercial
      > > podcast.
      > > > You can bet I am pretty Anal when it comes to the delivery of
      my
      > > show, but
      > > > no company has been able to deliver like they have to this
      point,
      > > its no
      > > > nonsense hosting, I upload the file point to it, and it gets
      > > served. "no
      > > > lock in" and they get my money. I take offense to assertions
      that
      > > they are
      > > > less than professional in their audio delivery, they deliver
      audio
      > > on a
      > > > consistent basis at a price that no one has been able to
      match. If
      > > they
      > > > raised the prices tomorrow 100%, 200% etc for their basic
      service
      > > I would
      > > > gladly pay because I know what the true cost of audio delivery
      is
      > > today.
      > > >
      > > > Todd..

    • Tony Marino