Re: [podcasters] Newbie to Podcasting

  • Steven Holden
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
      For those interested, I posted my Audacity 101 slides that I did at
      Podcast Academy III to:

      http://www.technewsradio.com/2006/06/podcast_academy.html (PDF format)

      The audio and screencast of the presentation are TBD.

      Feedback is appreciated.

      Thanks!

      Steve

      On Jul 4, 2006, at 6:33 PM, George L Smyth wrote:

      > --- Its A Mystery and So Im I <jayvivid@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hi,I am new to podcasting and i would like to what
      > > free online resources I can use to create a podcast
      > > (and host podcast as well) and the best open source
      > > software to build a blog from scratch.(besides Wordpress)
      >
      > Look into Audacity to work with your sound files (and possibly
      > record also).
      > It runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

      ------------------------
      Steve Holden
      Email: sholden@...
      Blog: sholden.typepad.com
      Podcast: www.technewsradio.com
      Have a tech problem? forums.friendsintech.com
      Cellphone: 619-218-3563

      If you like the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons ... then
      check out www.jerseyboyspodcast.com!

    • George L Smyth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
        --- dave_r_riley <ratbagradio@...> wrote:

        > --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "Its A Mystery and So Im I"
        > <jayvivid@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi,I am new to podcasting and i would like to what
        > > free online resources I can use to create a podcast
        > > (and host podcast as well) and the best open source
        > > software to build a blog from scratch.(besides Wordpress)
        > >

        > Free Hosting: go to Odeo and/or Our Media. (Although Our Media is
        > having problems --log in and upload -- this week). Another option is
        > A-Infos Radio Project...

        Dave -

        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that you can get stats if hosted
        by Our Media. For me, stats are critical - if I gauged my listenership by
        feedback then I would have faded long ago.

        Cheers -

        george

        Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
        One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
      • JayVivid th Orignal
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2006
          Thank you, the information was very detailed and helpful.
          Now I need to focus a subject that I'm passioante about
          and go to work. Hope to have something before August.

          Jay

          http://mail.yahoo.com