Podcasting Release Forms?

  • houseofchic
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      Hi Everyone,

      Firstly I have to come clean and confess that I've been lurking on this fine list for months
      and have therefore been fortunate enough to share in your collective knowledge, which
      means that I'm finally feeling brave enough to jump (or at least wade in a little) into the
      podcasting waters!

      As my talents don't fall into either music composition or graphic design, I've taken the
      decision to find people skilled in those fields to provide my show music and graphic. The
      music is coming from a friend's band, while I'm shelling out a small amount to get the
      graphic I want designed instead of picking out a copyright free image. I don't think that
      there will be any copyright disputes with either of these people, but have decided that it
      might be best to cover myself and the show by having some sort of contract.

      I know that the Podcast Brothers have an Interview/Guest release available on their site but
      I haven't been able to come across any similar releases for graphics or music in my various
      searches. Several of the podcasts I listen to do use a particular track for their show or have
      mentioned that someone designed their logos so I was wondering if anyone could point
      me in the right direction?

      The show, when it launches, will be called Directors Notes and will interview various visual
      artists about how their films, animations, motion graphics etc. were created. To
      accompany the interviews we also want to include the short pieces of work or an extract
      for longer pieces in the feed so listeners can see what we were discussing, so I suppose I'd
      also need a release to cover the interviewees' work too.

      I apologise that my first post is all asking and not giving, but hopefully I'll be able to
      provide help too as I learn more.

      The show isn't live yet as we're still in the process of arranging interviews and selecting
      work but anyone who's curious can see our site at www.directorsnotes.com it they want.

      Thanks for the help

      MarBelle