Re: [podcasters] My 50th Show

  • Kimberly Goza
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
      I'd also like to toot a horn. One of our podcasters on HSFM
      http://www.homeschoolersfreemedia.org has produced her 50th show this week.
      And was picked up by Air America in Phoenix!

      Congratulations Selby and George!

      Kimberly Goza
      http://www.activated-storytellers.com
      The ever-nomadic Act!vated Storytellers are currently performing free shows
      at libraries in Washington

      * Podcasting Act!vated Stories at http://activated.libsyn.com/

      On 7/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:

      > I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its 50th
      > show
      > live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
      >
      > You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
      > got a
      > flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
      > download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes -
      > but I
      > hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
      >
      > Cheers -
      >
      > george
      >
      > -------------------------------------
      >
      > Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
      > DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
      > Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
      > One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

    • Matthew Wayne Selznick
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
        Many congratulations, George. Good job.

        --
        Matthew Wayne Selznick
        ++++++++++++++++++

        "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
        http://www.bravemenrun.com

        "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
        http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

        MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
        http://www.mwsmedia.com

      • Flyswatter
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
          I went ahead and subscribed. It will be great to listen to on the 10
          hour drive I have to take tomorrow!

          I have been listening to podcasts since I first heard of them last
          year and wanted to podcast from the beginning. We've done seven shows
          so far and I am amazed, now that we have a show and I am the one who
          does the editing and tech, how much utter work goes into each program!
          50 shows is a big deal. Heck, 10 shows is a big deal! Even that first
          show is a major leap of faith.

          --
          Laura Ross

          The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
          http://coffeeandteashow.com
          Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
        • Stephen Schleicher
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
            Congrats George! keep up the great work.

            Cheers
            Stephen Schleicher
            www.coolnessroundup.com

            >> I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its
            >> 50th show
            >> live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
            >>
            >> You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
            >> got a
            >> flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
            >> download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes -
            >> but
            >> hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
            >>
            >> Cheers -
            >>
            >> george
            >>
            >> -------------------------------------
            >>
            >> Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
            >> DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
            >> Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
            >> One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
            >>

            > --
            > Matthew Wayne Selznick
            > ++++++++++++++++++
            > "Scribtotum" is a blog:
            > http://www.mattselznick.com
            >
            > "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
            > http://www.bravemenrun.com
            >
            > "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
            > http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com
            >
            > MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
            > http://www.mwsmedia.com

          • George L Smyth
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 2, 2006
              Thanks all, I did what I could to make the 50th show special, and it's special
              to me, at least.

              Cheers -

              george

              -------------------------------------

              Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
              One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
            • Mark Jeffrey
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 2, 2006
                George: congrats on this milestone!

                I went ahead and posted your 50th show to PopCurrent. I encourage everyone
                to come and support George by 'Pop'-ing him up the chart. Here's the link to
                do so:

                http://popcurrent.com/entries/eclectic_mix_podcast_50

                To embed a Pop-Box for this entry on your site, use this code:

                <script language="JavaScript" src="
                http://popcurrent.com/api/entrypromo/eclectic_mix_podcast_50"
                type="text/javascript"></script>

                - Mark

                > On 7/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@... <glsmyth%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                >>
                >> I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its
                >> 50th show
                >> live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
                >>
                >> You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
                >> got a
                >> flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
                >> download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes -
                >> but
                >> hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
                >>
                >> Cheers -
                >>
                >> george

              • George L Smyth
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 3, 2006
                  Mark -

                  Thanks, I appreciate it. I've not heard of this site before, I guess its
                  somewhat like Digg. Interesting.

                  Cheers -

                  george

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 4, 2006
                    George:
                    PopCurrent is sort of like the new Netscape or Digg -- but instead of news,
                    it's specifically for media (podcasts, videos, music, etc.). All podcasters
                    shoudl be posting their episodes to it.
                    - M