Blubrry is Online

  • Todd Cochrane
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 30, 2006
      Blubrry.com went live today to the general public at 12 noon, we are now
      ready to accept more podcasters onto the site. Make sure you check out
      Blubrry.com and let us know what you think. We look forward to welcoming
      your shows onto the network. The site is in beta and like any sites released
      to the world we have worked thru some bugs, and will continue to do so over
      the next week while at the same time adding additional layers of
      functionality.

      Todd..

    • Chris White
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
        Is there somewhere we can post bugs/issues/suggestions/arcane
        weirdness we find?
        I have a specific Warning: message that occurred during attempted
        feed read.

        Is the contact form on there the place for that or is there a forum,
        list, etc?

        -C

        On Jul 1, 2006, at 2:34 AM, Todd Cochrane wrote:

        > Blubrry.com went live today to the general public at 12 noon, we
        > are now
        > ready to accept more podcasters onto the site. Make sure you check out
        > Blubrry.com and let us know what you think. We look forward to
        > welcoming
        > your shows onto the network. The site is in beta and like any sites
        > released
        > to the world we have worked thru some bugs, and will continue to do
        > so over
        > the next week while at the same time adding additional layers of
        > functionality.
        >
        > Todd..

      • Todd Cochrane
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
          Contact on the main page would be the place. Did you Validate your RSS feed
          while in the signup process? Of course the iTunes changes are gonna cause
          some grief but you should not get a error on our side in that instance. Send
          in the details via the comment will get it worked on. With so many people
          having very bad formatted RSS feeds we have spent at least 20 hours today
          dealing with that very issue not to mention the amount of high lever html
          that are being embedded in the description tags of the feeds.

          Todd.

          _____

          Is there somewhere we can post bugs/issues/suggestions/arcane
          weirdness we find?
          I have a specific Warning: message that occurred during attempted
          feed read.

          Is the contact form on there the place for that or is there a forum,
          list, etc?

          -C

          On Jul 1, 2006, at 2:34 AM, Todd Cochrane wrote:

          > Blubrry.com went live today to the general public at 12 noon, we
          > are now
          > ready to accept more podcasters onto the site. Make sure you check out
          > Blubrry.com and let us know what you think. We look forward to
          > welcoming
          > your shows onto the network. The site is in beta and like any sites
          > released
          > to the world we have worked thru some bugs, and will continue to do
          > so over
          > the next week while at the same time adding additional layers of
          > functionality.
          >
          > Todd..

        • Chris White
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
            Ok, contact form it is. Sent the error I got.

            Hey...where's the video player? :-o

            The current 'browse by tags' box content is mildly amusing ;-)

            Are you using a custom coded RSS parser?

            Liking the look & feel. Very round and soft and friendly and easily
            navigated.
            Makes me wanna scratch & sniff the screen and smell
            blueberr....er...blubrrys ;-)

            Congrats on the launch!

            -C

            On Jul 1, 2006, at 3:42 AM, Todd Cochrane wrote:

            > Contact on the main page would be the place. Did you Validate your
            > RSS feed
            > while in the signup process? Of course the iTunes changes are gonna
            > cause
            > some grief but you should not get a error on our side in that
            > instance. Send
            > in the details via the comment will get it worked on. With so many
            > people
            > having very bad formatted RSS feeds we have spent at least 20 hours
            > today
            > dealing with that very issue not to mention the amount of high
            > lever html
            > that are being embedded in the description tags of the feeds.
            >
            > Todd.

            ------------------------------
            Go easy
            Step lightly
            Stay free

            Christopher White
            Founder/CTO
            www.professionalrockstars.com

          • George L Smyth
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
              I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its 50th show
              live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.

              You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've got a
              flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
              download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes - but I
              hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.

              Cheers -

              george

              -------------------------------------

              Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
              One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
            • C.C. Chapman
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                Congrats!!

                I love seeing people hitting milestones like this. Always a good feeling!

                -C.C.
                www.cc-chapman.com
                www.mangingthegray.com
                www.accidenthash.com

                _____

                <http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50> com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've got a

                Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix. <http://EclecticMix.com> com
                DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvestin <http://DRiPInvesting.org> g.org
                Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth. <http://www.GLSmyth.com>
                com
                One Minute How-To: http://podcasternew
                <http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131> s.com/details.php?P=131

              • Todd Cochrane
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                  No video player at the moment, yea I sent a note that some filters are going
                  to have to be applied, so far as the question on the RSS parser that's a
                  question the developers will have to answer. Thanks for the comments.

                  Todd.

                  _____

                  ------------------------------
                  Go easy
                  Step lightly
                  Stay free

                  Christopher White
                  Founder/CTO
                  www.professionalrockstars.com

                • Matt Kane's Brain
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                    You misspelled the site's name! That's a pretty big bug in my book.

                    --
                    matt kane's brain
                    http://hydrogenproject.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                      FYI, I tried to post a show and kept getting thrown back into the login
                      screen.

                      Maggie

                      ----------- "Good Tea. Nice House," Lt. Worf, ST:TNG -------------
                      Maggie Bonham, author of twenty books

                      Author of Prophecy of Swords and the upcoming Runestone of Teiwas,
                      published by _Yard Dog Press_ (http://www.yarddogpress.com/) . Prophecy of
                      Swords is available at _Podiobooks.com_ (http://www.podiobooks.com/) .
                      Host of the _SCI FI Traveling Road Show_
                      (http://www.scifitravelingroadshow.com/) .

                      A Dog's Wisdom
                      The Complete Idiot's Guide to Designer Dogs
                      Website: _www.shadowhelm.net_ (http://www.shadowhelm.net/)
                      Journal: _http://shadowhelm.livejournal.com/_
                      (http://www.livejournal.com/users/shadowhelm/)

                    • Andy Bilodeau
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                        On 7/1/06, skywarrior3@... <skywarrior3@...> wrote:

                        > FYI, I tried to post a show and kept getting thrown back into the login
                        > screen.
                        >
                        > Maggie
                        >
                        > Hey Maggie,

                        I got the same behaviour...try adding your podcast from your settings
                        page...works from there...

                        Maybe an authentication thing...I noticed that I went from being Andy to
                        being Guest when clicking that link....

                        :)

                        Andy Bilodeau
                        PodCaster

                        The AndyCast PodCast
                        You'll laugh 'til you stop!
                        http://www.andycast.net
                        Skype : andybilodeau

                      • Joel Haasnoot
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                          It's a confusion: You can't actually post a show yet... The 'post a show'
                          functionality is part of the hosting option, which isn't availible till
                          later (according to the sign-up process). You add your RSS feed and the site
                          imports your podcasts from there.

                          I was just chatting with the developer, they're working on removing that
                          till the hosting gets working...

                          Joel

                          On 7/1/06, Andy Bilodeau <andycast@...> wrote:

                          > On 7/1/06, skywarrior3@... <skywarrior3%40aol.com> <
                          > skywarrior3@... <skywarrior3%40aol.com>> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > FYI, I tried to post a show and kept getting thrown back into the login
                          > > screen.
                          > >
                          > > Maggie
                          > >
                          > > Hey Maggie,
                          > >

                          > I got the same behaviour...try adding your podcast from your settings
                          > page...works from there...
                          >
                          > Maybe an authentication thing...I noticed that I went from being Andy to
                          > being Guest when clicking that link....
                          >
                          > :)
                          >
                          > Andy Bilodeau
                          > PodCaster
                          >
                          > The AndyCast PodCast
                          > You'll laugh 'til you stop!
                          > http://www.andycast.net
                          > Skype : andybilodeau

                          <=>< <=>< <=><
                          Joel Haasnoot
                          Blog: http://www.joelhaasnoot.nl
                          > Host of the TG^3 Review
                          > Geek & Programmer

                        • Will Brown
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                            Congrats, George!
                            Here's to 50 more. See you at 100!

                            Will

                            On 7/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:

                            > I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its
                            > 50th show
                            > live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
                            >
                            > You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
                            > got a
                            > flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
                            > download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes - but
                            > hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
                            >
                            > Cheers -
                            >
                            > george
                            >
                            > -------------------------------------
                            >
                            > Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com <http://eclecticmix.com/>
                            > DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org <http://dripinvesting.org/>
                            > Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com<http://www.glsmyth.com/>
                            > One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

                            --
                            http://www.CloudyDayArt.com
                            Poetry - People - Podcast

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                              Wait till you see our next site Rasbrry.com :-)

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                                I have the developers looking at it please e-mail me privately what browser
                                are you using.

                                ceo@...

                                _____

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                                  I'd also like to toot a horn. One of our podcasters on HSFM
                                  http://www.homeschoolersfreemedia.org has produced her 50th show this week.
                                  And was picked up by Air America in Phoenix!

                                  Congratulations Selby and George!

                                  Kimberly Goza
                                  http://www.activated-storytellers.com
                                  The ever-nomadic Act!vated Storytellers are currently performing free shows
                                  at libraries in Washington

                                  * Podcasting Act!vated Stories at http://activated.libsyn.com/

                                  On 7/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:

                                  > I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its 50th
                                  > show
                                  > live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
                                  >
                                  > You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
                                  > got a
                                  > flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
                                  > download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes -
                                  > but I
                                  > hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
                                  >
                                  > Cheers -
                                  >
                                  > george
                                  >
                                  > -------------------------------------
                                  >
                                  > Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
                                  > DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
                                  > Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
                                  > One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

                                • Matthew Wayne Selznick
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                                    Many congratulations, George. Good job.

                                    On 7/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:

                                    > I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its
                                    > 50th show
                                    > live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
                                    >
                                    > You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
                                    > got a
                                    > flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
                                    > download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes - but
                                    > hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
                                    >
                                    > Cheers -
                                    >
                                    > george
                                    >
                                    > -------------------------------------
                                    >
                                    > Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
                                    > DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
                                    > Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
                                    > One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

                                    --
                                    Matthew Wayne Selznick
                                    ++++++++++++++++++
                                    "Scribtotum" is a blog:
                                    http://www.mattselznick.com

                                    "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
                                    http://www.bravemenrun.com

                                    "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
                                    http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com

                                    MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
                                    http://www.mwsmedia.com

                                  • Flyswatter
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                                      I went ahead and subscribed. It will be great to listen to on the 10
                                      hour drive I have to take tomorrow!

                                      I have been listening to podcasts since I first heard of them last
                                      year and wanted to podcast from the beginning. We've done seven shows
                                      so far and I am amazed, now that we have a show and I am the one who
                                      does the editing and tech, how much utter work goes into each program!
                                      50 shows is a big deal. Heck, 10 shows is a big deal! Even that first
                                      show is a major leap of faith.

                                      --
                                      Laura Ross

                                      The Coffee And Tea Show podcast
                                      http://coffeeandteashow.com
                                      Listener hotline: 206-338-6194
                                    • Stephen Schleicher
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 1, 2006
                                        Congrats George! keep up the great work.

                                        Cheers
                                        Stephen Schleicher
                                        www.coolnessroundup.com

                                        >> I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its
                                        >> 50th show
                                        >> live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
                                        >>
                                        >> You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
                                        >> got a
                                        >> flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
                                        >> download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes -
                                        >> but
                                        >> hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
                                        >>
                                        >> Cheers -
                                        >>
                                        >> george
                                        >>
                                        >> -------------------------------------
                                        >>
                                        >> Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
                                        >> DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
                                        >> Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
                                        >> One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
                                        >>

                                        > --
                                        > Matthew Wayne Selznick
                                        > ++++++++++++++++++
                                        > "Scribtotum" is a blog:
                                        > http://www.mattselznick.com
                                        >
                                        > "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era"
                                        > http://www.bravemenrun.com
                                        >
                                        > "Light of the Outsider - A Tale of the Shaper's World" Pre-order!
                                        > http://www.lightoftheoutsider.com
                                        >
                                        > MWS Media - Inexpensive web hosting for DIY endeavors:
                                        > http://www.mwsmedia.com

                                      • George L Smyth
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 2, 2006
                                          Thanks all, I did what I could to make the 50th show special, and it's special
                                          to me, at least.

                                          Cheers -

                                          george

                                          -------------------------------------

                                          Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
                                          One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
                                        • Mark Jeffrey
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 2, 2006
                                            George: congrats on this milestone!

                                            I went ahead and posted your 50th show to PopCurrent. I encourage everyone
                                            to come and support George by 'Pop'-ing him up the chart. Here's the link to
                                            do so:

                                            http://popcurrent.com/entries/eclectic_mix_podcast_50

                                            To embed a Pop-Box for this entry on your site, use this code:

                                            <script language="JavaScript" src="
                                            http://popcurrent.com/api/entrypromo/eclectic_mix_podcast_50"
                                            type="text/javascript"></script>

                                            - Mark

                                            > On 7/1/06, George L Smyth <glsmyth@... <glsmyth%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                                            >>
                                            >> I just wanted everyone to know that the Eclectic Mix podcast has its
                                            >> 50th show
                                            >> live. This is a special show and I am proud to offer this music.
                                            >>
                                            >> You can get to it by going to http://eclecticmix.com/Show.asp?S=50 - I've
                                            >> got a
                                            >> flash player there so you can listen to it that way if you don't want to
                                            >> download the whole thing. It's a bit long - a little over 40 minutes -
                                            >> but
                                            >> hope you get a chance to listen to this special show.
                                            >>
                                            >> Cheers -
                                            >>
                                            >> george

                                          • George L Smyth
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jul 3, 2006
                                              Mark -

                                              Thanks, I appreciate it. I've not heard of this site before, I guess its
                                              somewhat like Digg. Interesting.

                                              Cheers -

                                              george

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jul 4, 2006
                                                George:
                                                PopCurrent is sort of like the new Netscape or Digg -- but instead of news,
                                                it's specifically for media (podcasts, videos, music, etc.). All podcasters
                                                shoudl be posting their episodes to it.
                                                - M