Re: [podcasters] OOYHAA - Transcription based Audio Search Engine

  • NISHANT MAKHIJA
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2 4:42 PM
      Goerge,
      Day by day, every day, OOYHAA is building its index. You know how much giant the podcasters community is, your’s and every one else’s podcasts will be there for the entire world to search using OOYHAA’s engine.

      Send us your feeds or sites, we will schedule them with higher priority.
      Regards,
      OOYHAA

      George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:

      --- NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast / audio search
      > engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts, broadcasts, audioblogs
      > (any audio) and makes them searchable just as any text search. Currently its
      > in the beta phase, please try it and post your feedback.
      >
      > http://ooyhaa.com/

      Unfortunately, it apparently couldn't find either of my podcasts.

      Cheers -

      george

      -------------------------------------

      Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
      One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

      Communication and networking Computer security Computer training

      ---------------------------------

      Regards,

      Nishant Makhija

    • C.C. Chapman
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2 4:48 PM
        Yeah I'm not seeing any results either. I even put in things like:

        Podshow - 1 result
        Odeo - 3 results
        Adam Curry - 1 result
        Apple - 21 results (whoa.....)

        I was trying to think of words that would get definite hits and I just ain't
        seeing it.

        C.C. Chapman
        <http://www.accidenthash.com> www.accidenthash.com
        www.managingthegray.com
        www.uturncafe.com <http://www.uturncafe.com/>

        _____

        > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast / audio
        search
        > engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts, broadcasts,
        audioblogs
        > (any audio) and makes them searchable just as any text search. Currently
        its
        > in the beta phase, please try it and post your feedback.
        >
        > http://ooyhaa.com/

        Unfortunately, it apparently couldn't find either of my podcasts.

        Cheers -

        george

        -------------------------------------

        Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
        One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

        Communication
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi
        cation+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.si
        g=A8JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og> and networking Computer
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+
        networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G
        5JuUh4FQdtUjw> security Computer
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+
        networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe
        _5Hu64wdfCpSQ> training

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "podcasters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • NISHANT MAKHIJA

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 11 7:35 PM
              Hello Podcasters,
              Hope all of you enjoyed your weekend. Last week, Stephen wanted to know more about OOYHAA’s vision and interest with the podcasters community. I have some information for all of you.
              1.) How do you intend to differentiate your service from established
              search engines that do the same thing, such as Podscope and Podzinger?
              Our scope is global and it’s going to impact the entire human race. This is an initiative to exponentially raise the learning curve of future mankind. We are working on all languages and all sources of verbal information.
              2.) How does one submit new feeds to be crawled by your search engine?
              I've tried putting in a few sample queries, including my own podcast,
              and am getting no real results back.
              Group members who showed interests have received information about their podcasts being searchable and preserved for future world. We have added a “Submit URL” link on the site. http://www.ooyhaa.com
              3.) What's your business model? Why are you in this market, and how
              do you intend to pay your costs? (To be fair, I've wondered the same
              thing about the other two audio search engines.)
              At this point we don’t have intentions to earn out of this. This research is based on the latest computing technology and the natural way to human communicate and information transfer. We don’t have much idea about the above mentioned sites.
              4.) What's with the name?
              The name (OOYHAA) and our mascot (BOBO) have a very deep relation with verbal communication, cognition and search.
              Cheers!
              Thanks for being the cornerstone of our initiative.
              http://www.ooyhaa.com

              Stephen Eley <SFEley@...> wrote: On 6/2/06, NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

              > OOYHAA is an innovative initiative in the audio search engine arena. It's a podcast/audio search engine that lets you search the full audio content (spoken words) of podcasts along with metadata provided by the podcaster. OOYHAA's transcribes (listens to podcasts) and makes the extracted textual information searchable.

              A few quick questions:

              http://www.escapepod.org

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 11 7:49 PM
                On 6/11/06, NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:
                > 1.) How do you intend to differentiate your service from established
                > search engines that do the same thing, such as Podscope and Podzinger?
                >
                > Our scope is global and it's going to impact the entire human race. This is an initiative to exponentially raise the learning curve of future mankind. We are working on all languages and all sources of verbal information.

                That sounds totally groovy, man! I wish you the best of luck. Just
                don't forget: one pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small.
                And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

                (I know, because I asked Alice once, when she was ten feet tall.)

                http://www.escapepod.org
              • Andy Armstrong
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 12 12:35 AM
                  On 12 Jun 2006, at 03:49, Stephen Eley wrote:
                  > (I know, because I asked Alice once, when she was ten feet tall.)

                  Thanks - that's my playlist sorted for the next hour :)

                  --
                  Andy Armstrong, hexten.net