Re: [podcasters] iTunes help, please!

  • George L Smyth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
      --- andryhakaabw <theangryblackwoman@...> wrote:

      > To anyone who can help:
      >
      > I have been doing my cast since december. I requested that iTunes
      > pick it up in January. As of right now, I'm still not listed.
      > Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
      > rss just fine. When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
      > 'this podcast has already been submitted" message. All attempts to
      > get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?
      >
      > Thanks

      Well, I can give you a link to get in touch with them, but it won't do you any
      good (you'll find it at http://eclecticmix.com/iTunes.htm, along with the
      reason I can give you no hope for meaningful response). Do you have a music
      podcast? If so, then you'll need to realize that you become competition to
      their Music Store, so chances are that you may never get listed.

      If this is the case then you might have to trick the system to get in. It's a
      bit of work, but if you've got a music podcast then you may find it's the only
      way to do it (FWIW, I was able to get my non-music podcast into the system in
      less than two days).

      Cheers -

      george

      -------------------------------------

      Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
      One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
    • The Angry Black Woman/Sunny James
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
        George,

        I don't have a music podcast. News, current events, women's stuff.

        Thanks for being honest, but there are lots of podcast featuring music. It must be something else.

        Sunny

        >> I have been doing my cast since december. I requested that iTunes
        >> pick it up in January. As of right now, I'm still not listed.
        >> Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
        >> rss just fine. When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
        >> 'this podcast has already been submitted" message. All attempts to
        >> get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?
        >>
        >> Thanks
        >
        >Well, I can give you a link to get in touch with them, but it won't do you any
        >good (you'll find it at http://eclecticmix.com/iTunes.htm, along with the
        >reason I can give you no hope for meaningful response). Do you have a music
        >podcast? If so, then you'll need to realize that you become competition to
        >their Music Store, so chances are that you may never get listed.
        >
        >If this is the case then you might have to trick the system to get in. It's a
        >bit of work, but if you've got a music podcast then you may find it's the only
        >way to do it (FWIW, I was able to get my non-music podcast into the system in
        >less than two days).
        >
        >Cheers -
        >
        >george
        >
        >-------------------------------------
        >
        > Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
        > DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
        > Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
        > One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

        >Communication and networkingComputer securityComputer training
        >
        >YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        >* Visit your group "podcasters" on the web.

        >* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      • jasonvanorden
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
          Have you tried validating your feed to be sure there are no problems?

          http://www.feedvalidator.org/

          If you have errors in your feed, that would prevent iTunes from
          listing your show.

          Jason
          News and tips to help you succeed in podcasting
          http://www.PodcastingUnderground.com

          --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "andryhakaabw"

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
            Jason--

            Explain it to me and I'll tell you if I've done it.

            Thanks
            Sunny

            >Have you tried validating your feed to be sure there are no problems?
            >
            >http://www.feedvalidator.org/
            >
            >If you have errors in your feed, that would prevent iTunes from
            >listing your show.
            >
            >Jason
            >News and tips to help you succeed in podcasting
            >http://www.PodcastingUnderground.com
            >
            >--- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "andryhakaabw"
            ><theangryblackwoman@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> To anyone who can help:
            >>
            >> I have been doing my cast since december.� I requested that iTunes
            >> pick it up in January.� As of right now, I'm still not listed.
            >> Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
            >> rss just fine.� When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
            >> 'this podcast has already been submitted" message.� All attempts to
            >> get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?
            >>
            >> Thanks

            >Communication and networkingComputer securityComputer training
            >
            >YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            >* �Visit your group "podcasters" on the web.
            >�
            >* �To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            >�
            >* �Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          • Joel Haasnoot
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
              You have - Libsyn makes their feeds compatible :)

              On 6/4/06, The Angry Black Woman/Sunny James <
              theangryblackwoman@...> wrote:

              > Jason--
              >
              > Explain it to me and I'll tell you if I've done it.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Sunny

              Joel Haasnoot
              Blog: http://www.joelhaasnoot.nl