iTunes help, please!

  • andryhakaabw
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
      To anyone who can help:

      I have been doing my cast since december. I requested that iTunes
      pick it up in January. As of right now, I'm still not listed.
      Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
      rss just fine. When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
      'this podcast has already been submitted" message. All attempts to
      get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?

      Thanks,

      never, never, never give up.
    • Joel Haasnoot
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
        And your podcast is?

        On 6/2/06, andryhakaabw <theangryblackwoman@...> wrote:

        > To anyone who can help:
        >
        > I have been doing my cast since december. I requested that iTunes
        > pick it up in January. As of right now, I'm still not listed.
        > Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
        > rss just fine. When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
        > 'this podcast has already been submitted" message. All attempts to
        > get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?
        >
        > Thanks

        <=>< <=>< <=><
        Joel Haasnoot
        Blog: http://www.joelhaasnoot.nl
        > Host of the TG^3 Review
        > Geek & Programmer

      • George L Smyth
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
          --- andryhakaabw <theangryblackwoman@...> wrote:

          > To anyone who can help:
          >
          > I have been doing my cast since december. I requested that iTunes
          > pick it up in January. As of right now, I'm still not listed.
          > Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
          > rss just fine. When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
          > 'this podcast has already been submitted" message. All attempts to
          > get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?
          >
          > Thanks

          Well, I can give you a link to get in touch with them, but it won't do you any
          good (you'll find it at http://eclecticmix.com/iTunes.htm, along with the
          reason I can give you no hope for meaningful response). Do you have a music
          podcast? If so, then you'll need to realize that you become competition to
          their Music Store, so chances are that you may never get listed.

          If this is the case then you might have to trick the system to get in. It's a
          bit of work, but if you've got a music podcast then you may find it's the only
          way to do it (FWIW, I was able to get my non-music podcast into the system in
          less than two days).

          Cheers -

          george

          -------------------------------------

          Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
          One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
        • The Angry Black Woman/Sunny James
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
            George,

            I don't have a music podcast. News, current events, women's stuff.

            Thanks for being honest, but there are lots of podcast featuring music. It must be something else.

            Sunny

            >> I have been doing my cast since december. I requested that iTunes
            >> pick it up in January. As of right now, I'm still not listed.
            >> Subscribing to my own cast ON iTUNES, not a problem, iTunes finds my
            >> rss just fine. When I go through the steps to have it listed, I get a
            >> 'this podcast has already been submitted" message. All attempts to
            >> get in touch with iTunes have not worked. Can anyone help?
            >>
            >> Thanks
            >
            >Well, I can give you a link to get in touch with them, but it won't do you any
            >good (you'll find it at http://eclecticmix.com/iTunes.htm, along with the
            >reason I can give you no hope for meaningful response). Do you have a music
            >podcast? If so, then you'll need to realize that you become competition to
            >their Music Store, so chances are that you may never get listed.
            >
            >If this is the case then you might have to trick the system to get in. It's a
            >bit of work, but if you've got a music podcast then you may find it's the only
            >way to do it (FWIW, I was able to get my non-music podcast into the system in
            >less than two days).
            >
            >Cheers -
            >
            >george
            >
            >-------------------------------------
            >
            > Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
            > DRiP Investing: http://DRiPInvesting.org
            > Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.com
            > One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

            >Communication and networkingComputer securityComputer training
            >
            >YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            >* Visit your group "podcasters" on the web.

            >* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          • jasonvanorden
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
              Have you tried validating your feed to be sure there are no problems?

              http://www.feedvalidator.org/

              If you have errors in your feed, that would prevent iTunes from
              listing your show.

              Jason
              News and tips to help you succeed in podcasting
              http://www.PodcastingUnderground.com

              --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, "andryhakaabw"

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
                Jason--

                Explain it to me and I'll tell you if I've done it.

                Thanks
                Sunny

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2006
                  You have - Libsyn makes their feeds compatible :)