OOYHAA - Transcription based Audio Search Engine

  • nishant_makhija
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1 3:31 PM
      Hi All,
      Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast / audio
      search engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts,
      broadcasts, audioblogs (any audio) and makes them searchable just as
      any text search. Currently its in the beta phase, please try it and
      post your feedback.

      http://ooyhaa.com/

      regards,
      Nishant
    • kamlabhatt
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2 5:22 AM
        Hello Nishant:

        I looked up your site, but am unsure how to use it. Can you explain
        how to use it?

        Thanks,

        Kamla
        http://kamlabhattshow.com
        http://kamlabhatt.wordpress.com

        --- In podcasters@yahoogroups.com, NISHANT MAKHIJA
        <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast /
        audio search engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts,
        broadcasts, audioblogs (any audio) and makes them searchable just as
        any text search. Currently its in the beta phase, please try it and
        post your feedback.

        > http://ooyhaa.com/
        >
        > regards,
        > Nishant
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Nishant Makhija

      • NISHANT MAKHIJA
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 2 12:23 PM
          Hi,
          First of all thanks for showing interest in OOYHAA. We have received a couple of queries, so thought of giving you a brief idea about OOYHAA.

          OOYHAA is an innovative initiative in the audio search engine arena. It’s a podcast/audio search engine that lets you search the full audio content (spoken words) of podcasts along with metadata provided by the podcaster. OOYHAA’s transcribes (listens to podcasts) and makes the extracted textual information searchable.

          The OOYHAA’s crawler keeps wondering the entire net looking for various podcasts. At present our index database is very small, gradually it will become humongous with your support. We are in the beta phase and constantly adding new innovative features, feedback and suggestions from the BETA users are very important for us.

          We will be adding a “Submit” link where you and others will be able to submit your site or RSS so that OOYHAA's crawler can directly jump to index them on a high priority basis. We will be informing about that feature soon. In the meanwhile, please send your podcast RRS or Site.

          Thanks once again.
          Regards,
          OOYHAA :)

          <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast /
          audio search engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts,
          broadcasts, audioblogs (any audio) and makes them searchable just as
          any text search. Currently its in the beta phase, please try it and
          post your feedback.

          > http://ooyhaa.com/
          >
          > regards,
          > Nishant
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Nishant Makhija

          Communication and networking Computer security Computer training

          ---------------------------------

          Regards,

          Nishant Makhija

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 2 12:54 PM
            On 6/2/06, NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

            > OOYHAA is an innovative initiative in the audio search engine arena. It's a podcast/audio search engine that lets you search the full audio content (spoken words) of podcasts along with metadata provided by the podcaster. OOYHAA's transcribes (listens to podcasts) and makes the extracted textual information searchable.

            A few quick questions:

            1.) How do you intend to differentiate your service from established
            search engines that do the same thing, such as Podscope and Podzinger?

            2.) How does one submit new feeds to be crawled by your search engine?
            I've tried putting in a few sample queries, including my own podcast,
            and am getting no real results back.

            3.) What's your business model? Why are you in this market, and how
            do you intend to pay your costs? (To be fair, I've wondered the same
            thing about the other two audio search engines.)

            4.) What's with the name?

            http://www.escapepod.org
          • George L Smyth
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 2 4:28 PM
              --- NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast / audio search
              > engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts, broadcasts, audioblogs
              > (any audio) and makes them searchable just as any text search. Currently its
              > in the beta phase, please try it and post your feedback.
              >
              > http://ooyhaa.com/

              Unfortunately, it apparently couldn't find either of my podcasts.

              Cheers -

              george

              -------------------------------------

              Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
              One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131
            • NISHANT MAKHIJA
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2 4:42 PM
                Goerge,
                Day by day, every day, OOYHAA is building its index. You know how much giant the podcasters community is, your’s and every one else’s podcasts will be there for the entire world to search using OOYHAA’s engine.

                Send us your feeds or sites, we will schedule them with higher priority.
                Regards,
                OOYHAA

                George L Smyth <glsmyth@...> wrote:

                --- NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:

                > Hi All,
                > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast / audio search
                > engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts, broadcasts, audioblogs
                > (any audio) and makes them searchable just as any text search. Currently its
                > in the beta phase, please try it and post your feedback.
                >
                > http://ooyhaa.com/

                Unfortunately, it apparently couldn't find either of my podcasts.

                Cheers -

                george

                -------------------------------------

                Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
                One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

                Communication and networking Computer security Computer training

                ---------------------------------

                Regards,

                Nishant Makhija

              • C.C. Chapman
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 2 4:48 PM
                  Yeah I'm not seeing any results either. I even put in things like:

                  Podshow - 1 result
                  Odeo - 3 results
                  Adam Curry - 1 result
                  Apple - 21 results (whoa.....)

                  I was trying to think of words that would get definite hits and I just ain't
                  seeing it.

                  C.C. Chapman
                  <http://www.accidenthash.com> www.accidenthash.com
                  www.managingthegray.com
                  www.uturncafe.com <http://www.uturncafe.com/>

                  _____

                  > Here we have an amazing transcription-based podcast / audio
                  search
                  > engine. It transcribes (listens inside) the podcasts, broadcasts,
                  audioblogs
                  > (any audio) and makes them searchable just as any text search. Currently
                  its
                  > in the beta phase, please try it and post your feedback.
                  >
                  > http://ooyhaa.com/

                  Unfortunately, it apparently couldn't find either of my podcasts.

                  Cheers -

                  george

                  -------------------------------------

                  Eclectic Mix: http://EclecticMix.com
                  One Minute How-To: http://podcasternews.com/details.php?P=131

                  Communication
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communi
                  cation+and+networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.si
                  g=A8JypvKmrStpN6fDh9U3Og> and networking Computer
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Communication+and+
                  networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=1rOpipQ2G
                  5JuUh4FQdtUjw> security Computer
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Communication+and+
                  networking&w2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=80&.sig=DoYkI4Rqe
                  _5Hu64wdfCpSQ> training

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  * Visit your group "podcasters
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcasters> " on the web.

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  _____

                • NISHANT MAKHIJA

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 11 7:35 PM
                        Hello Podcasters,
                        Hope all of you enjoyed your weekend. Last week, Stephen wanted to know more about OOYHAA’s vision and interest with the podcasters community. I have some information for all of you.
                        1.) How do you intend to differentiate your service from established
                        search engines that do the same thing, such as Podscope and Podzinger?
                        Our scope is global and it’s going to impact the entire human race. This is an initiative to exponentially raise the learning curve of future mankind. We are working on all languages and all sources of verbal information.
                        Group members who showed interests have received information about their podcasts being searchable and preserved for future world. We have added a “Submit URL” link on the site. http://www.ooyhaa.com
                        3.) What's your business model? Why are you in this market, and how
                        do you intend to pay your costs? (To be fair, I've wondered the same
                        thing about the other two audio search engines.)
                        At this point we don’t have intentions to earn out of this. This research is based on the latest computing technology and the natural way to human communicate and information transfer. We don’t have much idea about the above mentioned sites.
                        4.) What's with the name?
                        The name (OOYHAA) and our mascot (BOBO) have a very deep relation with verbal communication, cognition and search.
                        Cheers!
                        Thanks for being the cornerstone of our initiative.
                        http://www.ooyhaa.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 11 7:49 PM
                          On 6/11/06, NISHANT MAKHIJA <nishant_makhija@...> wrote:
                          > 1.) How do you intend to differentiate your service from established
                          > search engines that do the same thing, such as Podscope and Podzinger?
                          >
                          > Our scope is global and it's going to impact the entire human race. This is an initiative to exponentially raise the learning curve of future mankind. We are working on all languages and all sources of verbal information.

                          That sounds totally groovy, man! I wish you the best of luck. Just
                          don't forget: one pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small.
                          And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

                          (I know, because I asked Alice once, when she was ten feet tall.)

                          http://www.escapepod.org
                        • Andy Armstrong
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 12 12:35 AM
                            On 12 Jun 2006, at 03:49, Stephen Eley wrote:
                            > (I know, because I asked Alice once, when she was ten feet tall.)

                            Thanks - that's my playlist sorted for the next hour :)

                            --
                            Andy Armstrong, hexten.net