Netvibes: I'm either famous, or something is screwed up.

  • Evo Terra
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Has anyone else noticed anything strange with their FeebBurner stats?
      Strange in like, moving from 2801 subscribers to 53,629 subscribers
      overnight?

      As cool as that would be if it were true, it simply cannot be. None of
      the other feeds are showing the spike except for Slice of Scifi.

      Look at the FeedBurner Toy graph:
      http://oneminutehowto.com/FeedburnerStats.asp?FA=sliceofscifi&D=2006-01-01&S=7

      Oh! And I just realized that means I have the #1 show on PodFeed!

      <checking>

      Nope. Whatever is screwing me up is screwing everyone up. We rock! At
      least until FeedBurner figures out what is wrong. Everyone take snapshot
      of your numbers and send it to all the advertisers!

      E.

      --
      Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
        On 6/1/06, Evo Terra <evo@...> wrote:
        > Has anyone else noticed anything strange with their FeebBurner stats?
        > Strange in like, moving from 2801 subscribers to 53,629 subscribers
        > overnight?

        Yeah, it's not just you. Looking at the top 100 at PodFeed, it seems
        to be *a lot* of people.

        There's a thread on it in the Feedburner support forum:
        http://forums.feedburner.com/viewtopic.php?p=19832

        I'm asking them to fix the stats retroactively, because an erroneous
        50,000 subscriber jump really screws up the graphs and averages.

        http://www.escapepod.org
      • Evo Terra
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
          Stephen Eley wrote:
          > There's a thread on it in the Feedburner support forum:
          > http://forums.feedburner.com/viewtopic.php?p=19832

          Cool. And dang. I just *know* there are 50,000 people out there who know
          no joy in their life without me. I just didn't think they'd all figure
          that out at once.

          Ditto on your call for retro-fixing the stats. That's a big glitch and
          one they should be able to correct.

          E.

          --
          Evo Terra | DragonPage.com | SliceofSciFi.com