Podcasting has a bad name - says Mark Ramsey of Hear 2.0

  • Rob Usdin
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 1, 2006
      http://www.hear2.com/2006/05/podcasting_has_.html

      Can't say I disagree, but ain't much we can do about it now huh?

      HD Radio also has a bad name, but that's stuck with its name too.

      --*Rob

    • Nicole Simon
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 11, 2006
        "timbearcub" <tim@...> wrote:
        >And for ones that are open (LiveJournal et al) I found this one:
        >http://www.qumana.com/overview.htm which does Blogger and LiveJournal
        >etc. Seems to be a few - cos those ones have a published APIs I think.

        Search for 'offline blogging tool' and you should receive some more.
        Blogdesk for windows, ecto, etc come to mind.

        >I do wonder if it's spam though - remember these are sites that you
        >are looking after to promote your podcasts. A lot of Myspace people
        >don't wander off into the linked blogs - likewise
        >LiveJournal...they're communities, and if you don't post there you in
        >part don't exist.

        It is spam in the sense that if you rely on Adsense Google does
        interpretate duplicate content as in "who does it belong to" and if it is
        too heavy, you do get punished. Which for some people is not what they
        want. But I do assume that the posting frequency of podcasters does not
        make up for that, especially when they are careful with linking.

        But as you said - the main thing about community sites like myspace and
        livejournal is not about "look here and go elsewhere" but that they are
        communities and want to stay in those. Ignoring that can be problematic if
        you are looking for 'success'.

        Nicole

        --
        blog (d): http://beissholz.de